Port of Baltimore transportation

If anyone has flown in from BWI to the RCC port, what transportation is availabe. Even more important, how did you get from the ship back to BWI. I have been searching for this and would appreciate your help :D

BWI is 15 minutes, tops, away from the Locust Point cruise terminal. Take an airport cab, which are plentiful and should be less than $30.

Getting back should also be relatively painless, assuming there will be enough cabs to handle those runs. Should be even cheaper, because the more expensive airport cabs cannot do in-town pickups.

Let us know how your voyage went on the Grandeur. We'll take th G out of Tampa in January.

BE CAREFUL! We recently took the grandeur to baltimore from san juan. We were picking up our rental car at the airport. We stood in line to get a cab, and someone came over and asked how many (we were 13). She said she would get us a van. A gentleman came over and said my vehicle is this way, so we took all of our luggage and headed back in the other direction. He had a big SUV (not enough for all of us) but said he had a van on its way. My sister had a bad feeling and said she wasn't waiting and would get a cab. Six of us ended up with this guy. After we were all loaded he said it was 15.00 per person (90 total), plus whatever we felt giving him for loading our luggage. We were already pulling out when he told us this. My sister (4 people in her cab) paid 27.00 and the other people (3 in cab) paid 40.00.

We sailed on the Grandeur from Baltimore last June and took a cab both ways. On the way to the ship the cab fare was around $25. (Can't remember the exact number) On our way back to airport the fare was closer to $40. I found out much later (from these boards) that my cab driver took the long way to the airport. My suggestion is to find out the best route and tell the driver that is the way you want to go.

I also had the shuttle van try to pull a fast one on me while waiting for a cab after the cruise. We were headed towards his van and he told us we would have to wait for more people to fill the van. I then realized it was a shared van service and asked the cost per person. He told me $15. Since we had 3 people I knew a cab should be cheaper. If you only have 2 people in your party it may be worth it to not deal with a cab driver taking you for a ride.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

We live in Frederick, MD - just outside of Baltimore and these are some services which advertise locally:

http://www.sixthstar.com/upload/_docs/baltimore.pdf

http://www.airportconnection.com/?gclid=CKLHj8DorowCFRJfUAodaCckLQ

http://www.baltimoretours.net/tours/tourDetail.cfm?tour_id=6991

Hope this helps you out-of-towners. We love just driving over and parking!

We sailed on the Grandeur from Baltimore last June and took a cab both ways. On the way to the ship the cab fare was around $25. (Can't remember the exact number) On our way back to airport the fare was closer to $40. I found out much later (from these boards) that my cab driver took the long way to the airport. My suggestion is to find out the best route and tell the driver that is the way you want to go.

That is typical unfortunatly. Drivers who cheat. If the fare is a lot different than $25 don't tip. Also beware of taxi drivers who say it is a flat rate. Particularly on return from the ship back to the airport. Flat rate is illegal in Maryland but I have had them try to do that.

Archived