Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

cleob

We had a group of 13 people mostly women attorneys on a tour with Cosol on October 24. We are pretty finicky group but we all had a fabulous time. I highly recommend this tour for everyone. It was by far the best tour we had during our trip.:)

:)I was in the group of about 13, mostly made up of women attorneys (who are VERY finicky to say the LEAST), and I have to say that Cosol tours far surpassed my expectations. We saw several great sites, with many photo opportunities, and had the chance to touch and taste (and drink!) much of what St. Lucia had to offer. I plan to tour with Cosol Tours again as soon as I can get back to St. Lucia! The tour was worth every penny and then some!

Only words of praise for this tour. Hubby and I were in St. Lucie last week and can't stop talking about how much fun we had with Consul and how informative the tour was. Super nice guy. Vans extremely clean and carry about 10 people. Had plenty of room. Highly recommended!

We will be in St. Lucia in May for a wedding. What did you do with Cosol? Where were you picked up? How much? I need to make some plans....thanks.

Read all the posts above yours...all your questions will be answered. One of my posts has the link to Cosol's website. Everything you need to know is there and on these boards.

Only words of praise for this tour. Hubby and I were in St. Lucie last week and can't stop talking about how much fun we had with Consul and how informative the tour was. Super nice guy. Vans extremely clean and carry about 10 people. Had plenty of room. Highly recommended!

We will be taking a Cosol tour in about 12 days. Does he have many vans going? We are really looking forward to this tour because of all the wonderful comments on CC. Thanks:D

J and G, here is a link to Cosol's website---------Cosol-Tours.com

To answer your questions.......

What did you do with Cosol?

You will visit all of these places:

Castries, Capital of St. Lucia

Morne Fortune

Governor Generals House

Marigot Bay

Banana Plantation

Anse La Raye and Canaries

Soufriere, 2nd Largest Town

Toraille Waterfall

Botanical Garden

Sulphor Springs

Piton Mountains

Jalouse Plantation Resort beach

You also get:

Food and beverages included: Piping Hot Bread, Homemade Island Coconut Cookies, Sweet Ripe Bananas, Hot off the Grill Johnny cakes, Homemade Island Coconut Cakes, Local Banana Ketchup, Savory Fish Cakes. Refreshments will also be offered, including Rum Punch, Local Beer, Water, and Coca Cola.

Where were you picked up?

Meet and greet is directly outside the cruise port shops/security booth. He will have a sign that says Cosol.

How much?

$50 per person, plus tip. He offers a money back guarantee too.

marylandcrab, not sure how many vans he has, but you should be fine as long as you have reserved the tour in advance.

It was a fantastic tour, enjoy!

Just pulled in yesterday on the Maasdam and was checking in, had to add this as I thought COSOl was GREAT!! Decided to sign up on his tour after reading all his reviews. If you decide to go, write and let him know how many in your party, right now he has several vans (he has more new vans on order). This is an excellent tour, he tells you where all he will go but really leaves it up to your group. Cosol is the owner and we were fortunate to have him that day, if after the day you have a question about St. Lucia ya didnt ask or listen. Of all the tours on this cruise I would definitely sign up on my next visit.

Thanks for all the information Celticd1.

My concern is how much time are you out of the van? I understand that Soufrierre is 1 1/2 hours from Castries down a windy road. I have a 14 and 16 year old who will not be thrilled with a full day of driving even if there is a volcano involved.

lachner, happy to help!

To answer your question, we were in and out of the van quite a bit. I would guess that we stopped about 20 minutes into the tour and walked around the edge of a banana plantation (ate bananas also) and then we probably stopped about every 20-30 minutes until the last stop at the beach (where were stayed for about an hour). On the way back to the port we only stopped once I believe. The drive back was about an hour.

I think your teenagers will like the tour. The scenery and twisting, turning roads should hold their interest while you are driving. The volcano might not live up to their expectations though. It doesn't really resemble a volcano in the way that we are used to seeing, it is a smoldering pit of grey sludge. The smell of sulphur is VERY strong! LOL Just be forwarned! :)

Be sure and try all of the different foods that you are offered, they are included in the tour price. You will also have the opportunity to purchase hot food from Big Momma outside the botanical gardens. Her banana ketchup sauce is awesome!

Have fun!

We toured with Cosol on 11/1. Had his brother, Yellowbird, as our driver. He was great as we had a 13 month old, 3 year old and 2 seniors among the 10 of us. It rained on and off and when we got on and off the van we tracked much dirt in, plus sand from the beach (The sun came out for us there!) and all the crumbs - he didn't mind - and the van was spotless when we started! The stops were amazing, as was the RUM PUNCH! We had tutoring in Creole and learned a lot about St. Lucia! Some people were concerned about the number of vans. we were the only ship in port and had 4 or 5 vans going at the same time. We did meet up at the stops, but it never really seemed crowded. Take along dramamine or such if people in your group get motion sickness as the roads are winding and steep. This was, by far, an outstanding tour...book with him if you haven't already sone so!

We just did our Cosol tour on November 8th and I have to say if you book this tour you will not be dissappointed at all. It is by far the best island tour I have ever taken. Cosol is so nice and he and his drivers are very friendly and informative. The island foods they serve are very good. Seeing the Pitons was really nice and the island as a whole is gorgeous!

I highly recommend Cosol's tour. We just got back and his tour was the highlight of our vacation. We had Baptist as our driver and he was so much fun - he kept us laughing all the way and provided a lot of information about the island. There were four vans on our tour and our van was filled with people from our CC roll call which added to the fun.

The rum punch, bananas and various other local foods were delicious.

If/when we go back to St. Lucia we will definitely be doing this tour again.

We toured with Cosol on 11/1. Had his brother, Yellowbird, as our driver. He was great as we had a 13 month old, 3 year old and 2 seniors among the 10 of us. It rained on and off and when we got on and off the van we tracked much dirt in, plus sand from the beach (The sun came out for us there!) and all the crumbs - he didn't mind - and the van was spotless when we started! The stops were amazing, as was the RUM PUNCH! We had tutoring in Creole and learned a lot about St. Lucia! Some people were concerned about the number of vans. we were the only ship in port and had 4 or 5 vans going at the same time. We did meet up at the stops, but it never really seemed crowded. Take along dramamine or such if people in your group get motion sickness as the roads are winding and steep. This was, by far, an outstanding tour...book with him if you haven't already sone so!

Hi,

KUDOS for Yellow Bird and COSOL. We just took their tour last week. It exceeded our expectations!! If you get affected by motion sickness take something for it. I wish I would have had some ginger chews (health food store). The Jalouise beach views are worth it!!!

Archived