Vancouver Ship Arrival Times

Normandie

I just realized, that since we are overnighting in Vancouver the night before our cruise, a splendid opportunity has presented itself. If we hike over to Stanley Park first thing in the morning, we should be able to see the Volendam sail in and approach Canada Place. The brochure states 8am arrival, but on my last cruise (not to Alaska, we were docked at the pier shortly after 7am. I hope you veteran Alaska cruisers could give me a more accurate indication of how early I need to be at my viewing post? Also, has watched their ship arrive?--any suggestions as to exactly where we should stand for the best photo opportunities? Thank you kindly.

Not in Vancouver per-se, but in Fort Lauderdale was up at dawn watching my ship "come in". Normandie, which sailing of the Voldendam are you on? We are on the 6/23 sailing.

Having sailed Alaska before leaving port and going under the bridge and past Stanley Park it is an awesome thing. Alot of wishful people on the banks waving as you go by!!!

Have a great cruise.

Last August we saw 4 or 5 ships sail in just after 6 a.m. Ditto several years prior to that. You might try calling the concierge at the Pan Pacific Hotel; that's how I got my info.

It *is* an awesome sight!

Deborah

First: BERMUDA STAR 1986
23 others in between
Last: WIND 8/03 Alaska
Next: RADIANCE 12/03

RON'S 60TH B-DAY CRUISE - RADIANCE 12/14/03
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2003;12;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We always stay at the Pan Pacific at Canada place. We love watching the ships sail in to the pier in the morning from our room. You might look into staying there the night before you sail. You can also watch the ships sail out in the evening. It is a WONDERFUL hotel.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;30;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Until I am back on the Infinity

Archived