New to Celebrity/basic questions

t4two

Just some basic questions as we are new to Celebrity and cruising in general. Only one 3-day cruise under our belts so far. Can someone please explain the AquaSpa? When looking on the Celebrity website, there is no explanation as to costs and specifics on what is included for the unknown pricing. Is it charged per day or for the entire cruise? What is included for the charges and should services be booked prior to the cruise? I know this is a lot to ask, but my inquiry to Celebrity went unanswered several weeks ago.We are sailing to Alaska in June and are continuing our visit in Canada for some time after the cruise. We will have a CC class cabin and are concerned about storing empty luggage. Any help or knowledge of this cabin is appreciated.Thanks,T

After you empty your luggage you can usually slip the cases under the bed.

The Aqua Spa is simply a spa, similar to land based spas, a little pricier in some cases, that offers massages, haircuts, manicures, etc. Someone may have a price list they can post. You can usually get a package before you board on the Celebrity website. (Use the Manage Your Reservation link.) You can purchase a pass to the Persian Gardens for a daily fee but I've never been in it so I can't give much input on that.

Enjoy your cruise!

Susan

Thanks so much for the info... We are so new to this, I kinda thought that was what Aqua Spa was. I will now relax about the luggage. By the way the ship is the Mercury!

We have been in the Persian Gardens on Infinity several times. It is an area that is great for relaxation. You will find co-ed sauna and steam rooms as well as some heated, inlaid tile benches for great relaxation.

Below is a link to the Roll Call section for Celebrity. Find your ship, click on it and then find the date of your cruise. You will find people who will be on the cruise with you and will give you more information if you need it. YOu can also get general info about Celebrity on this board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Just some basic questions as we are new to Celebrity and cruising in general. Only one 3-day cruise under our belts so far. Can someone please explain the AquaSpa? When looking on the Celebrity website, there is no explanation as to costs and specifics on what is included for the unknown pricing. Is it charged per day or for the entire cruise? What is included for the charges and should services be booked prior to the cruise? I know this is a lot to ask, but my inquiry to Celebrity went unanswered several weeks ago.We are sailing to Alaska in June and are continuing our visit in Canada for some time after the cruise. We will have a CC class cabin and are concerned about storing empty luggage. Any help or knowledge of this cabin is appreciated.Thanks,T

Also, if your luggage doesnt fit under the bed (as happened to me!), dont worry, they will take it away for you and store it until you leave.

About the spa, it is just like any spa treatment, you pay for the service that you want, i.e. if you want a massage,then you will pay for a massage,hair, nails etc. If you want a specific service on a specific date and time (sea day, formal night) then you should book it as soon as you board the ship, because everybody want to go to the spa on those days.

The first day they will also have a tour of the spa where they will explain their services, do some demonstrations and give you a sales pitch or two!

There is also a gym in the spa area that can be used for no charge, as well as a locker room with a steam room and/or sauna. If you want to use the locker room (we never have) there is no charge just for it's use - just ask for a locker key. While the exercise equipment in the gym is no charge, they also have some exercise classes in the gym most of which have a modest fee, like $10 or so. Things like dance aerobics, Pilate's, spinning, etc.

Also note that on the M Class ships the Aqua spa has a large room with an indoor thermal pool and hot tubs which is no charge. The area also has a small cafe that serves "healthy" dishes. Sorry, but the Mercury does not have this area, although it does have a smaller thermal pool available for a fee, and an indoor pool in a different type of layout.

re: Suitcases under beds - I think they'd replaced the bedding prior to our Galaxy cruise last February and our suitcases fit under. I think the changes were the mattresses and linens, not the frames. I did notice the beds on the Galaxy didn't have quite the clearance as the beds on the M class ships, not much of a difference but we have a couple cases that are thicker than average and it was a very tight squeeze. Our steward got them stored for us under the bed, and would have stored them elsewhere if they had not fit under the bed.

Has anyone had the experience of putting your luggage under the bed with the new bedding on the ships. Haven't seen anyone comment either way....

Just returned from BTB cruises on Century. Lots of room under the bed. I've just commented on that issue in the latest post in my episodic review. That post can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551729&page=3

The overall review, including lots of pictures, begins here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546008

Hope you enjoy it!;)

Has anyone had the experience of putting your luggage under the bed with the new bedding on the ships. Haven't seen anyone comment either way....

The new bedding refers to mattresses and linens, not the bed frame itself. Like another poster said, if your luggage doesn't fit under the bed or in the bottom of your closet, you can ask your cabin steward to store it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
The first day they will also have a tour of the spa where they will explain their services, do some demonstrations and give you a sales pitch or two!

There is also a gym in the spa area that can be used for no charge, as well as a locker room with a steam room and/or sauna. If you want to use the locker room (we never have) there is no charge just for it's use - just ask for a locker key. While the exercise equipment in the gym is no charge, they also have some exercise classes in the gym most of which have a modest fee, like $10 or so. Things like dance aerobics, Pilate's, spinning, etc.

Just to clarify...the steam rooms on Celebrity Cruises are not in the locker rooms. If offered, they are co-ed and located in the "Persian Garden" area of the spa and accesible only by paying a fee. The men's & women's locker rooms each contain showers and a sauna which are complimentary. The sauna is quite large and has a huge porthole window overlooking the ocean (QUITE relaxing on a day-at-sea).

Lack of complimentary steam rooms on a premium brand like Celebrity is quite disappointing to many spa "aficionados", but that sauna sure is nice.

Bon voyage to all,

Gigglewolf

The new bedding refers to mattresses and linens, not the bed frame itself. Like another poster said, if your luggage doesn't fit under the bed or in the bottom of your closet, you can ask your cabin steward to store it for you.

I asked the question because in some hotel chains where they have changed the bedding, the beds are solid underneath and not just the sheets and mattresses have been changed.. Just trying to clarify or see if anyone had experience. Apparently they have.

Archived