$290 Sacramento to FLL, Good???

jrtmouse

You can almost always get OAK to FLL for $99 each way on Southwest. If you take the first flight at 7am you will get to FLL at 4:30. Depending on how many people are travelling booking the Park and Fly package at the Hilton Oakland Airport will practically pay for itself and make getting to the airport at 5:30 am a heck of a lot easier!!

How many people in your party?

What is the price you have told yourself you would be okay with paying?

Is this for your January cruise?

Btw, I lived 30 years in Sacto. We left in 1993. My stepdaughter and her family live in RC...Sunriver!

Marie

We have 6 people flying to FLL. I told myself I wouldn't pay $350! And the fare before 12/15 is $198. This would lead me to believe that I'd be able to find something around $250. I have noticed that between this morning and now, availability has gone down and I'm not sure if that has to do with the airlines only releasing a certain number of seats today and more will be available later on OR if the availability is really decreasing. And with 6 peeps, that is an issue.

MARIE - I live in RC near Target! How funny.

WOW...6 fares...I would almost be tempted to wait a bit longer...you know lately, with airfare, it is just so hard to tell. Worst case scenario is having to fly out of Oakland or SFO for a decent fare, if you wait it out and it doesn't come down.

It's been awhile since I have been to Sacto, so I don't know the Target that you speak of. We will be visiting in December, as my oldest stepdaughter(lives in Folsom) is due with No 2 in Nov.

Marie

Thanks for the OAK advice, but it just rips me to have to drive to OAK when SMF is 20 minutes away. We'll see. I guess I just need to be patient and see what I can get, knowing that OAK is an alternative if we get closer and I still don't have air tix.

Thanks...

You are looking for prime Florida season tickets. However, I am seeing tickets through Jan. 26 at about $215 from SMF to FLL. Those are M-

Thursday fares, so may necessitate hotels until you cruise leaves. What dates are you looking for?

GREATAM -

Where are you getting a $215 rate? We're definitely looking to leave SMF Wednesday (1/12) evening around midnight and arriving in FLL around 11ish Thursday morning (preferable) and returning to SMF Sunday afternoon (1/23)(leaving FLL between 12 and 2pm). If you could let me know how you're getting that price I would be absolutely thrilled!!!! Thanks!

You may also want to check Miami= although FLL seems to be cheaper for some to fly to instead of Miami- it may work different for people out where you are.

I am seeing fares today to be over 400pp. Check again on Tuesday. If they are that cheap--jump on them

Smartrover is loaded with adware, spyware, and someone got the Alexa worm from using it. I loaded it on a non-essential computer. It does nothing more than Travelocity, Travelaxe, Expedia, Cheaptickets, SideStep, etc., etc., etc. Please see the post about this program.

After speaking with several travel agents and various other sources and many hours on the internet, I went ahead and booked our six tickets from OAK to FLL for $267. Granted, I should have jumped on those $287 from Sacramento, but I screwed myself by not doing so. Believe me, the $20 "savings" is not going to be worth the drive to OAK to stay in a hotel so we can leave our car for free for the whole week. It's going to be a pain in the butt. Apparently the availability from SMF was close to nil and I wasn't willing to pay the increasing prices (up to $450).

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and suggestions!

GREATAM - Thanks again for you assistance as well.

John

Archived