QE2 Cabin 4072

Cruachan

Hi Everyone,

has anyone out there ever travelled in 4072? If so I'd really value your opinion as to what it's like. From the deck plans it looks as though it's a smallish broomcupboard with two shelves to sleep on :)

Jimmy

is a similar broom cupboard:D

1845969724_2006_0821Gibraltar055_Cabin5200resized.jpg.e2ed625eb948ecd0ed16fb84c827e934.jpg

The upper bunk is folded up (at the top of the picture)

2129576047_2006_0821Gibraltar056_Cabin5200resized.jpg.4dd5fdc33383f8a75de00cf99481f132.jpg

2114826808_2006_0821Gibraltar057_Cabin5200resized.jpg.c837f750209e6fbceba615556c38542f.jpg

each picture taken from as far back as possible - the one of the bed from the bathroom doorway:D

Karen

Hi Karen,

very many thanks for the photos. It's not nearly as bad as I'd thought. If I can persuade She Who Must be Obeyed to kneel on the floor, I should even have somewhere to balance my laptop.

Jimmy :)

Hi Karen,

very many thanks for the photos. It's not nearly as bad as I'd thought. If I can persuade She Who Must be Obeyed to kneel on the floor, I should even have somewhere to balance my laptop.

Jimmy :)

Forgot to mention - there was even a pull out 'table' from the chest of drawers - the drawback being if it was out, you couldn't access the drawers:D

The way 5200 was arranged, the floor area, though small, was square, so seemed ok - I would guess it was just about 5 feet by 5 feet. (I.e. the length of the bed minus the drawer unit)

What you can't see in the photos above is the hanging cupboard which was on the 4th wall - its doors were flush to the wall, so did not feel intrusive.

the hanging space was the width of the 'square' open area &, from memory, was quite long enough for the 'gowns'.

1776292330_2006_0821Gibraltar058_Cabin5200resized.jpg.6b83183c93129ce2e194c14e3c1ecc7c.jpg

The safe is hidden in there (on the right) with a small but quite useful surface area (I put my jewellery case on it).

The biggest problem I had, being a bit untidy, was surface space - the small cupboard by the door (which the door would hit when open:) ) had the glasses and ice bucket on and on the large chest, the TV and phone took up a lot of the space - it just meant I had to learn to put things away:D

Karen

Hi Myles,

many thanks for that. That's the most informative deck plan I've seen so far.

Jimmy

If you go onto www.deluxecruises.com/cunard you can find your exact cabin on the deck plans. I had a look and its 109 square foot. I dont think the cabins are ever big enough, how we are going to get everything in ours with a baby as well I have no idea.

Nitty :D

If you go onto www.deluxecruises.com/cunard you can find your exact cabin on the deck plans. I had a look and its 109 square foot. I dont think the cabins are ever big enough, how we are going to get everything in ours with a baby as well I have no idea.

Nitty :D

Many thanks Nitty,

the floor area agrees with what we were told by the agents. Guess it should be ok as long as there's one of us in the toilet all times (we can do shifts!!). We'll look out for you on board - I think we'd recognise Itty-Bitty anywhere - he's mega cute. Reminds me of Grandson No 2 when he was that age.

Jimmy and Maureen

I once shared a cabin on QE2 that was so small you had to step outside to change your mind. If one person was in the bathroom and wanted to come out, they had to yell, I'm coming out! and the other person had to grab the garbage can and sit on the bed with it in order for you to have enough room to open the door to the bathroom. I will be in cabin 4088 Jan 6 '08, I'm sure it is smallish in nature, probably just a rectangle with the bathroom at the end of it, but I kind of like it, it will be my usual (and I say this lovingly)trashclass cabin(take it easy guys it's a term of endearment not a criticisim). I'm sure the cabin will be fine, there may be a lot of counter space in it.

• 7 years later...

This post had me going:rolleyes: I was convinced there is no 4072 on QE and I was thinking they must be referring to QE2 as in the title. It took me a while to realise this thread is eight years old. :) What was the reason for resurrecting it I do not know.

However, question is why is there no 4072 cabin on QE. The cabins around that number skip 4072 these are obscured view cabins. Why is it not there I wonder?

I have learnt today that there has been some attempt to disrupt proceedings, by bringing up old information, which is certainly not my intention, as, to reiterate, I'm just a new Cruise Critic and have unwittingly ventured into this foray.

Well well, thank you for reviving my old thread. I think the original post on here must be one of the first (if not the first) that I ever made on CC, all those years ago.

J

I have learnt today that there has been some attempt to disrupt proceedings, by bringing up old information, which is certainly not my intention, as, to reiterate, I'm just a new Cruise Critic and have unwittingly ventured into this foray.

Yes, there was recently a poster who continuously dug up old topics, especially those pertaining to negativity. When I saw this topic had been revived that was my initial suspicion - this person wanted to start a long string of revived anger and lament over the retirement of QE2.

Does anyone know why there is no 4072 on Queen Elizabeth? I am talking here of the present ship.

The only thing I noticed on the deck plans was that on QV 4072 is an inside which seems to have been left off QE.