Liberty - Promenade View 6th Fl Q's

We will be taking the 9/29 sailing on the Liberty. Anybody have any advice on the Promenade view cabins on the 6th floor?

We are trying to get some family members to go with us who have never cruised before. We thought that this might be a good way for them to experience their first cruise for a bit less moolah than the aft cabin my DH & I will be in.

Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

Kerry

We talked to a few people that have booked Promenade cabins and they all seemed quite pleased. Most suggested going Deck 7 or higher because of noise level right above the Promenade (probably more from the floor than the windows)

I only wish that some of these cabins were triples.... very disappointing that we can't book one as a family of 3. :( It looked to us to be the way to go on a budget, until I looked at the deck plans.

We talked to a few people that have booked Promenade cabins and they all seemed quite pleased. Most suggested going Deck 7 or higher because of noise level right above the Promenade (probably more from the floor than the windows)

I only wish that some of these cabins were triples.... very disappointing that we can't book one as a family of 3. :( It looked to us to be the way to go on a budget, until I looked at the deck plans.

Tina - They have the Family Promenade rooms, with the bunk beds in a separate area. Here is the pic I took of it:

155309508-M.jpg

They sleep up to four in a room.

I thought I read that they slept 6... and I saw where they were going to be strict on the occupancy! Two on each Freedom class, right?

Yeah I believe there were just a couple....forgot about the 6 occupancy though, I guess the sofa pulled out & I didn't notice that part! :( Bummer! That would have been good for us too, because we are three.

I wonder why they don't have ANY of them for 3-4... you would think they would have a few on each deck. There must be a reason though - just not sure what it is. Guess I will just have to book an OV or a balcony when we do go.... bummer, huh? ;)

I wonder why they don't have ANY of them for 3-4... you would think they would have a few on each deck. There must be a reason though - just not sure what it is. Guess I will just have to book an OV or a balcony when we do go.... bummer, huh? ;)

Yeah definitely. Darn those balconies. :p

I keep reading to stay away from the 6th floor due to noise, and then occasionally someone posts that they really didn't have a noise problem on the 6th floor except that they did hear some noise during the parades. I'll find out in 3 weeks. Our cost for a 6th floor promenade cabin on Liberty in June from one of the discount internet brokers that we've used before was less than $1,000 per person, which was less than an interior cabin. We weren't planning on cruising this year, but the price to try a Promenade cabin was just too good to pass up.

We're over the barber shop, and I'm a little worried about those crazy partying barbers making noise at all hours of the day and night...

I keep reading to stay away from the 6th floor due to noise, and then occasionally someone posts that they really didn't have a noise problem on the 6th floor except that they did hear some noise during the parades. I'll find out in 3 weeks. Our cost for a 6th floor promenade cabin on Liberty in June from one of the discount internet brokers that we've used before was less than $1,000 per person, which was less than an interior cabin. We weren't planning on cruising this year, but the price to try a Promenade cabin was just too good to pass up.

We're over the barber shop, and I'm a little worried about those crazy partying barbers making noise at all hours of the day and night...

LOL!!

Less than $1,000??? :eek: That's awesome!!!!! Bravo!

When I saw the price three months ago I couldn't resist offering to take one of my kids as a graduation present. (It was about $200 less than an inside cabin.) The discount broker only had Promenade cabins on the 6th floor, which I guessed was due to a fear of noise. For the price, I'll take the chance!!! I checked out RCL to see if the cruise was fully booked, and was shocked at the higher prices for the 7th floor Promenade cabins they still show as open.

On the 2 Promanade cabins that we have had. We booked on the 6th floor. We did not notice any noise problems at all. We booked in the middle and loved it. I was able to watch all the parades, I could tell what everyone was wearing for dinner and it was very easy to get to the main floor from this location.

Promenade staterooms are the same price on any deck. I would get the highest deck available.

If someone got prices higher for deck 7 vs. deck 8, the prices must have just gone up. Same as Balcony cabins. You will find balcony cabins on deck 6 for the same price as balcony cabins on deck 10.

I guess it depends on how you book. Cabins in the same category may be the same price from RCL, but sometimes there's a big variance on the quotes you get from different travel agents.

I haven't seen Promenade cabins in mid-June priced anywhere else for under $1,000, and my TA only had Deck 6 at that price. I actually looked on other sites before booking, and this was not a deal that was being offered by other TAs. I could have gone to the RCL site or to another TA to book a cabin in the same category on Deck 7 or Deck 8, but the bargain price was limited to this TA and Deck 6.

I'm just glad I'm cruising again (happy 13th week at sea!) at a good price and it sounds as if Deck 6 will offer a great view of everything. On another positive, I only have 1 flight of stairs to everything on the Promenade, which will be very convenient when I get that urge for an ice cream cone....

I guess it depends on how you book. Cabins in the same category may be the same price from RCL, but sometimes there's a big variance on the quotes you get from different travel agents.

I haven't seen Promenade cabins in mid-June priced anywhere else for under $1,000, and my TA only had Deck 6 at that price. I actually looked on other sites before booking, and this was not a deal that was being offered by other TAs. I could have gone to the RCL site or to another TA to book a cabin in the same category on Deck 7 or Deck 8, but the bargain price was limited to this TA and Deck 6.

I'm just glad I'm cruising again (happy 13th week at sea!) at a good price and it sounds as if Deck 6 will offer a great view of everything. On another positive, I only have 1 flight of stairs to everything on the Promenade, which will be very convenient when I get that urge for an ice cream cone....

You should check the final price with the cruiseline and the TA as TA's are not allowed to discount prices. When all said and done, they could be the same price.

We have stayed in PR cabins many times. Only one time did we stay on Deck 6 and it just happened to be right above the Sports Club (which is no longer), now the Pig & Whistle. We heard the music until about 1a.m. or so and then it stopped. No worries.

I think you'll enjoy your PR cabin. We love them.

Linda

We have stayed in PR cabins many times. Only one time did we stay on Deck 6 and it just happened to be right above the Sports Club (which is no longer), now the Pig & Whistle. We heard the music until about 1a.m. or so and then it stopped. No worries.

I think you'll enjoy your PR cabin. We love them.

Linda

Sports bar is now Vintages (the wine bar) on the Voyager, Explorer and Adventure. Not the Pig & Whistle (pub). British Pubs are on all 5 Voyager class ships with different names on each.

The TA probablly has this cruise booked as a group and you are benifitting from the group rate. TA do that all the time. Enjoy your cruise.

When we booked our cruise, I wanted to try a Promenade cabin, but was also disappointed that there weren't any 4-person cabins available. The Family Promenade cabin had a 5-person minimum, so that was that.

We ended up going for adjoining cabins in the middle area on deck 7, which is probably a better solution in many ways, including having extra cabin space for the four of us, plus two bathrooms.

We booked very early (last September, for the August 18 sailing) and managed to get $789 pp rates. I do still keep checking PromoWave specials, just in case. :)

We stayed in room 6289 on the May 19th sailing. This was just above Vintages/the "Morgan" car. We had a very good view of the promenade and parade. We are late sleepers so we didn't have any problems with noise, but we could hear the people cheering at The Hoof and Claw once in a while.

Room 6289 is an ajoining stateroom with 6287. The furnature configuration made the room feel very small. I think a regular inside stateroom feels a bit roomier.

Here's a picture of the room from the promenade (I've circled the window in red ... hope you can see it).

6289.JPG.cd09075ade017d4fd36afd7eaaac8739.JPG

We booked very early (last September, for the August 18 sailing) and managed to get $789 pp rates. I do still keep checking PromoWave specials, just in case. :)

Wow! It looks like Promenade Cabins sell for twice that on some cruises now. You did great!

Archived