A few questions about scheduling excursions and the piers in Cozumel

pebblesjns

I have seen that some people know which pier the ships will be docking at, I was wondering how you get this information. We will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest on November 18 and I am trying to decide on a time for our shore excursion. We are planning to book our own excursion to do the Dolphin Royal Swim at Chankananaab. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 9am, would scheduling the 11 am Royal Swim be too early for us to make. Should I book the 12pm one instead? I really don't know anything about the area and how long it will take to disembark and how far the park is, so any help is appreciated! Thanks!

You might ask this question on one of the specific boards for the cruiseline you are going with. CC'ers who have cruised on your specific ship may be able to help you with your question on For example, most of the Royal Caribbean ships will dock at the International Pier (furthest away from downtown.) Princess and others may dock more commonly at one of the other 2 piers.

I have seen that some people know which pier the ships will be docking at, I was wondering how you get this information. We will be cruising on the Carnival Conquest on November 18 and I am trying to decide on a time for our shore excursion. We are planning to book our own excursion to do the Dolphin Royal Swim at Chankananaab. Our ship is scheduled to dock at 9am, would scheduling the 11 am Royal Swim be too early for us to make. Should I book the 12pm one instead? I really don't know anything about the area and how long it will take to disembark and how far the park is, so any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Actually it is nothing more than an uneducated guess.... lol, I can say that you will dock, where is the big question, but if I had to guess it would be the international pier... But it is only a guess.:D Reguardless of which pier you dock at the 11am should be good, as the piers are only 3 miles apart...

You might ask this question on one of the specific boards for the cruiseline you are going with. CC'ers who have cruised on your specific ship may be able to help you with your question on For example, most of the Royal Caribbean ships will dock at the International Pier (furthest away from downtown.) Princess and others may dock more commonly at one of the other 2 piers.

Currently there are only two docking piers, International, and punta langosta..:)

One other thing to keep in mind before scheduling an excursion on your own...There may be a difference between ship's time and time on shore. For example, there is a one hour time difference in Cozumel. Most tour operators who do it much are aware of the time difference. But you need to ask if your ship will set its time to the time of the port or not. Some ships do and some don't. The tour operator may not know what time your ship will be on. We just contacted an independent tour operator at one of our upcoming ports, and they didn't seem to know that there could be a possible time difference between their time on shore and the ship's time. So we are making it a point to ask on board. This could make a big difference in what time you schedule your tour and also in getting back to the ship before it leaves! :-)

Archived