How much cash for Euro?

Your best bet to get cash in Euros is from an ATM. How much you cash is really up to you. Think through what you think you'll pay for cash vs say a credit card and start with that.

Have a great time.

Keith

We just came back from a Med cruise. The cheapest way to get Euros is to use the local ATMs at the banks in the ports. We loaded up on Euros before we boarded the ship and then just put them in the safe in the room.

However, if you're running short on funds, you can use your shipboard account to get Euros charged to your credit card. The ship will charge you 3% for each transaction and the funds are charged against your credit card in dollars without any additional fees.

That actually sounds like a pretty good way to get Euros.

In many ways it's a cash advance without the traditional drawbacks of having interest accruing from the get-go and then not earning rewards. Plus you'll get until the following month before you'll have to pay your bill.

The credit card I use gives airline miles on purchases, and I'm a real mile ho' so that's incentive enough for me!

So, OK, they charge a 3% transaction fee. Most credit cards charge about the same for currency conversion these days anyhow.

I'll concede that ATMs are still the cheapest way, in that you'll only have a small charge if anything to withdraw cash under most circumstances. But getting cash on your shipboard account this way has to come a very close second!

Archived