Question for Jan

derricj

I tried this question as a general post previously with out much success. So go to the expert.

We are in a B-1 cabin on "O" 10-30-07 VCE to BCN. We arrive in VCE 10-29 to give us more time for VCE.

My question regards boarding time. What are the chances of boarding before noon on 10-30?

and

We are interested in the Metropole, maybe a Jr Suite? Any thoughts on this hotel and room type. Probably would like to be on the lagoon with a large window or veranda.

Thanks

jd

Boarding time is something that sometimes happens early and sometimes not..it depends on what time they clear the ship and how long it takes for departing passengers to leave..so I really cant answer that more specifically..but it never hurts to ask

Metropole is where I stayed and loved the hotel..a larger room is better as ours was very small (we booked at the last minute) I loved the location and the people there..Stu and I left an expensive piece of Murano glass in our room when we came back to the states..as soon as I returned I emailed the hotel and within a week I had my piece sent to me with no charge..that was amazing to me..

Have a great trip!!!

Jan

As always I enjoy reading your spot on replies, thanks for your information.

I realize you can't put thanks on the table but there is always the next time for something that will.

jd:)

derricj,

When we were last at the Metropole in October, 2004, we were given a wonderful corner room. It had two windows overlooking the lagoon and one window on the side overlooking the canal. It was quite roomy and the bathroom was excellent.

I am not sure if it was classed as a Jr Suite as we were definitely upgraded from the room we had originally booked. It is a great hotel, in a fabulous position and it serves a delicious continental breakfast.

We were able to watch our lovely ship from our windows, (HAL's Prinsendam, which we had left the day before) cruise down the lagoon with its new list of passengers. I was so envious that we weren't part of it anymore.

Jennie

Thanks everyone. Good info from experience. Does Metrpole have a lift?

Yes it does. I think it is a fairly small one as it is an old building but cannot be certain. I remember that we went with the porter when he took our bags to our room and we all fitted into the lift.

We often used the stairs though as we like to stay fit and are used to stairs at home.

Jennie

Archived