Friend of mine cruised Princess cruise line...

...around the same time that we were on EOS RCI.....he said the food was just "okay", the customer service in some areas was a little weak, but in other areas was great. But he said one day he went to a bar that was not opened yet to try to get a pack of matches and the bartender almost yelled at him for bothering him while he was not open. He also said everything didn't seem very clean. He said he had cruised RCI before and after trying princess he will never stray from RCI again. I guess this answers my question if all cruise lines treat u as well as RCI.

But I'm sure you could find anecdotal stories of people who were similarly unhappy with RCI, too. I don't believe there is any perfect cruise line. I have sailed mostly with RCI, though, and have always had a great vacation at a reasonable price.

I can't complain, but you'll always find someone who will. ;)

I sailed on the Crown last year & the ship was immaculate. Sorry he encounterd a rude bartender, but that could happen on any ship. My first sailing with RCCL on the Voyager was just ok and I was willing to give the line another chance. I hated the food, had a ho-hum waiter & a surly cabin steward. My second sailing on AOS was 1000% better & got me hooked. I am not a very demanding passenger so their attitudes really ticked me off. My point is that experiences can and do vary so to compleltley write off a cruise line for one employee can backfire on you by denying you a great cruise experience.

yeah i guess u r right, it could happen anytime with anyone...but i just keep hearing that RCI is the best line and most friendly....i mean, our food on EOS a few weeks ago was to die for...and that was in the dining room and in the windjammer cafe (aside for the eggs)....and it seemed to me that every single staff member was off the charts friendly....

yeah i guess u r right, it could happen anytime with anyone...but i just keep hearing that RCI is the best line and most friendly....i mean, our food on EOS a few weeks ago was to die for...and that was in the dining room and in the windjammer cafe (aside for the eggs)....and it seemed to me that every single staff member was off the charts friendly....

And I can say the exact same things about my first Princess cruise. Everyone has their favorites:D!

can anyone explain to me how the different cruiselines differ from each other? i am assuming disney has more kids...but what else is different? i am 30 years old, married and love night life and partying

can anyone explain to me how the different cruiselines differ from each other? i am assuming disney has more kids...but what else is different? i am 30 years old, married and love night life and partying

Definitely RCCL. Princess really lacked for nightlife in my opinion.

Archived