Spa treatment to loose inches...

They can "squeeze" out water from your tissues with certain treatments, but as soon as you eat or drink, it will ALL come back. There is no magic bullet to reducing your size. Diet and execise it what works! Sorry!

They say you can loose like 4 - 6 inches...is this true? Has anyone tried it? It seems expensive and not sure if the results are permanent.

NO...don't waste your money. My daughter and I did it they claim we lost inches nothing I felt in my clothes or visibly! Than spent 1000.00 on the entire cellulite reduction package. Nothing works like other poster stated diet and exercise. I know someone else tried it and said the same thing. Spend your money on something else.

I tried it this past March - quite entertaining... I was draped in chilly seaweed & jolted with electricity around my belly for 1/2 hour...then given a hefty sales pitch about the benefits of smearing myself with algae twice per day.

being quite suspicious by nature, I measured myself before I headed off to the spa. the spa lady measured me before the treatment then again after the treatment, but I know she padded inches on the first measurement...she claimed I lost 9 inches!!... the 2nd measurements were slightly less than my own pre-treatment measurements - so I guess I did lose a bit...definitely some water & it did do a good job of getting my insides moving. LOL.

all in all, I found the whole thing quite amusing. If it was my money to spend...I wouldn't do it again... drink lots of water... it has the same effect.

while on the navigator, I also got tested to find out what my metabolism was (done through the exercise part of the ship.... & found out how many calories I burn on a normal day....that one I did find valuable & would do again.)

They say you can loose like 4 - 6 inches...is this true? Has anyone tried it? It seems expensive and not sure if the results are permanent.

The only thing we have "permanently" lost in the spa was our money... My wife and daughter tried it - a very expenxive rip-off.

JMHO

LL

The Spa is a nice place to go to relax and be pampered. Everything they do makes you feel good and, in many cases, look better than when you got there. That said, their prices are exorbitant :eek: and it's very easy to get caught up in the hype and buy more treatments, products, or both. If you're not good at saying no, I strongly suggest you stay clear.

I had the cellulite treatment on my Radiance cruise. It was interesting and did give me a chance to relax for a while in the lovely spa but I didn't loose anything in terms of inches. Diet, exercise and determination are the only way to loose weight/inches. I would not do the cellulite treatment again. It was expensive and I think the facials are much nicer. That being said, I have enjoyed all the facials that I have had on my past cruises. I treat myself to one each cruise. From what I have seen the prices appear in line with nice resorts. I just had a treatment at Atlantis and La Therapy and Elemis services seemed similiar in price. My son also has had massages on the ship and enjoys them. Therefore, if you want a treatment I would recommend a facial or massage. The cellulite treatment is not worth the price.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as someone who learned the hard way, and lost, the only sure cure for a big ole booty is to eat less and exercise more.

You can temporarily lose a few inches, but at the first drink of water, it's all back on.

I prefer a nice massage. I adore massages.

I don't know how you were able to relax while being shocked! I was ready to jump up and run out of there. It was the most annoying thing I have ever done. You know that in the next couple of seconds they are going to shock the c+++ out of you again. Not relaxing at all and when I told the "therapist" she just started throwing the towels into the basket and telling me no one had ever said that to her before. Then, she started to berate me for not caring about myself. Overall, would I do it again.....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

Total Rip Off. I tried it on the Explorer. It was some electrical therapy. All I felt was miserable the rest of the night - couldn't even sleep. Worst experience. Only thing I lost was sleep and my husbands money.

Don't waste your money. I tried this on the Celebration in 2004, didn't notice any difference. Then they try to sell you the stuff to buy and take home that they claim will continue to help you lose inches....thankfully I didn't fall for that. Go to the free gym on board, you will get better results :p

Oh don't do it! I got suckered into trying it while on a Disney cruise. It said NOTHING about being shocked. It said something about being wrapped in algae for a detox treatment. I show up and they pour wet stuff all over me then start the shock treatments. They cause your muscles to involuntarily contract. When you stand up, all of this water pours off of you.

And of course I believe they padded the numbers as well. I did it just to try something different...it was different alright. :rolleyes:

Oh and it FLOODS your kidneys with water. I never peed so much in my life....lol. And I am YOUNG. ;)

I also did the cellulite reduction shock treatment. If I did loose any inches/cellulite, I couldn't tell. Just money like the others! I wouldn't recommend it. However, I do usually have lots of other things done. Love the reflexology, massages...

I totally agree with all the other posters that have tried this. I too tried this. I measured myself before I went in the room. The tech measured me larger than I was! I told her that she was wrong. She argued with me. I KNOW my measurements. Anyway...After she got me all plastered up with the algea and started shocking me...she gave me the "sales pitch" about the detox stuff. It was VERY expensive in my opinion.

I didn't buy any of that stuff. I didn't lose any inches. I did feel a little light headed afterwards though.

If I were you...if you want to relax...get a massage. That is so worth it.

Also...believe me..(I am a fitness instructor, personal trainer & dance pro) The ONLY way to lose weight and inches is by healthy diet and exercise.

Have fun on your cruise

I own a day spa and the truth is that the treatments do work but the results are not permanent. The wraps contain minerals that encourage the release of toxins from your tissues and the end result is inch loss. You can obtain these same results at home by wrapping yourself in bandages soaked in a special mineral solution. Another cheap and easy option is to take an epsom and sea salt bath.

When your body is not overloaded with toxins than you will find that it is easier to lose weight. The body releases and burns fat easier when it is not stressed and over burdened with toxins. If you combine a detox solution soak with diet and exercise you will find it easier to shed pounds.

Personally I am not a fan at all of the spas on the ships. The treatments are overpriced and are really a front for the huge sales pitch to push their (overpriced) products. I have also found that some of the spa employees on the ship lack the proper knowledge to give such treatments.

I would recommend that you check out the spas in the ports that you are visiting if you want to pamper yourself.:) Always remember that there is no easy solution to lose weight but that certain treatments can encourage weight loss. However, these treatments don't have to break the bank.;)

Oh don't do it! I got suckered into trying it while on a Disney cruise. It said NOTHING about being shocked. It said something about being wrapped in algae for a detox treatment. I show up and they pour wet stuff all over me then start the shock treatments. They cause your muscles to involuntarily contract. When you stand up, all of this water pours off of you.

And of course I believe they padded the numbers as well. I did it just to try something different...it was different alright. :rolleyes:

Oh and it FLOODS your kidneys with water. I never peed so much in my life....lol. And I am YOUNG. ;)

They use the electrodes to stimulate exercise to the muscles. I am not a fan of this type of treatment with the electrodes and therefore do not use it in my business. The reason that you have to pee afterwards is that the treatment works on the lymphatic system which encourages the flushing of toxins from the body. So all that peeing afterwards is actually a very good thing.

I had the cellulite treatment on my Radiance cruise. It was interesting and did give me a chance to relax for a while in the lovely spa but I didn't loose anything in terms of inches. Diet, exercise and determination are the only way to loose weight/inches. I would not do the cellulite treatment again. It was expensive and I think the facials are much nicer. That being said, I have enjoyed all the facials that I have had on my past cruises. I treat myself to one each cruise. From what I have seen the prices appear in line with nice resorts. I just had a treatment at Atlantis and La Therapy and Elemis services seemed similiar in price. My son also has had massages on the ship and enjoys them. Therefore, if you want a treatment I would recommend a facial or massage. The cellulite treatment is not worth the price.

Cellulite is basically trapped fat in the first subcutaneous layer within pockets of the connective tissue. The connective tissue is responsible to keep the fat cells tightly packed, supply structural support for the skin and to insulate the body. It is when fat cells push upwards through weakened areas of the connective tissue that cellulite is visable.

A body wrap removes the excess water from the body and the compression forces the fat cells back down which results in the connective tissue being temporarily tighter therefore reducing the appearance of cellulite. The results are not permanent but can last several days.

Cellulite is basically trapped fat in the first subcutaneous layer within pockets of the connective tissue. The connective tissue is responsible to keep the fat cells tightly packed, supply structural support for the skin and to insulate the body. It is when fat cells push upwards through weakened areas of the connective tissue that cellulite is visable.

A body wrap removes the excess water from the body and the compression forces the fat cells back down which results in the connective tissue being temporarily tighter therefore reducing the appearance of cellulite. The results are not permanent but can last several days.

Thank you Sandie! I learned something new today!! :)

I was just on the Grand Princess over spring break...I did that electrode therapy (sorry can't remember the name). There were 2 pads on my stomach and 1 on my back. The pads stimulated my muscles every 20 seconds for 20 minutes. I lost 5 inches total. I did this the last day of my cruise (to counteract all the bad food & drinks! :D ). When I went back to work a few days later, I joined WW and I've lost 19 lbs since April 7.

I felt it was worth the cost ($190 I think). It jump started my weight loss and got me motivated.

Didn't work for me either. It was very expensive. The lady tried to tell me I lost inches, but I don't believe it. They were very pushy. The lady tried to tell me I have cellulite and was pushing some expensive cellulite cream. Ok, not trying to be vain, but honestly, I don't have cellulite! I have never had cellulite in my life.

My skin was very soft when I got done, but other than that, there weren't any other benefits.

Archived