Jumper Off The Holiday, Apr 30 (picture)

JayDeeJay

Okay, if I do this right, here's a picture I (unknowingly) got of the kid who had jumped off the 11th deck of the Holiday in Costa Maya. He's the one with his back to the camera in a bathing suit, talking to the Mexican Welcoming Committee (with guns) and the Captain and First Officer of the Holiday. Fortunately he wasn't hurt, and didn't intend any harm ... just "boy stuff" .... his defense was "I've done it before . . ." :D

2002547096306295022_fs.jpg

We were on that cruise also. We were told by a crew member that the guy spent some time in a Mexican jail before being returned to the ship where he spent the rest of the cruise "in custody." Another passenger said that he had heard he was not allowed to reboard. I don't know which account (if either) is correct. At any rate, the cruise was great ! Sorry he had to find "other" things to do!

Great picture - thanks! Did they kick him off the ship, hopefully they did!!!

The story we got from our wait staff at dinner was the Mexican Police (on the left in black in the picture) took him to the slammer in Costa Maya (I can't spell the name of the town -- Majaual or something like that); the Captain & First Officer of The Holiday went with them, and negotiated with the Mexican authorities to let them take him back to the ship, put him in "lock-up" on board, and then they put him on a plane back to Mobile from Cozumel where he would be arrested in Mobile and "dealt with" .... I hope that's correct; would hate to think of this poor goober-head dressed only in a bathing suit languishing in a Mexican pokey for an extended period!

They should have left him in Mexico after he jumped off the ship. I would have. He is a danger to himself and others

Guess I'm looking at it as a parent ... everybody's teenager has an attack of Sheer Stupid from time to time ... fortunately the vast majority don't suffer extreme consequences, and sadly, some do. I'm sure the Mexican police were enough to scare the bejeebies out of this kid ... if it were MY kid, I'd like to know compassion was shown in high places.

If he would of killed himself by landing on top of a Reef, Im sure his family would of sued Carnival for not having a sign that said, No Jumping overboard. :rolleyes:

Great picture !!! Thanks

Fred

and as much as I love my kids, I hope if they act like dumbasses, people call them on it. I love them too much to make excuses for them. Sure, they'll make mistakes and act like idiots, but part of making the decision to do that is accepting the consequences for their actions.

Archived