Port Arrival Time (Disembarkation)

I was wondering what your experience has been with RCI ships arrival times to port on return. Do the ship typically arrive early or late? If the ship arrives early, will they allow you to disembark early if you have an early flight depature?

I think in general most of the ships arrive on-time. Personally, we have done four cruises and three of them we have arrived late. (the three though were repositioning cruises and it could have been due to not the normal schedule and coming into a different port for the first time.) Last year, it was after 1:30 before all of us were off of the ship and people were still getting off. This past cruise, we were off by 10:00, but that was coming off with the first color called. I personally wouldn't book a flight earlier than 11 or 12.. and even then you could be cutting it close.

It totally depends on ship, itinerary, customs clearing, etc.

The Liberty of the Seas maiden voyage last week was letting people off the ship at 6:15am. White lugguage tags (diamond/diamond plus) at 6:30am. We chose yellow and were off by 8am.

It all depends on a number of factors, weather, embarkation/disembarkation port, how quick the ship can be cleared and so on. Most of the time everything will go smoothly however there will be sailings where a problem may arise.

Archived