Cocktail dress every night?

trarecar

If I wear at least a cocktail dress every night for dinner on my 7 day cruise, will I be overdressed on the non-formal nights? My first cruise isn't until September, and I have already bought two cocktail dresses, but plan on buying evening gowns for the two formal dinners.

Please tell me there are other ladies out there who like to really get dressed up every night for dinner! LOL :eek:

I wore sundresses and informal cocktail dresses on some dinner nights. Mainly dresses that could be worn with espadrilles (so it was fairly casual dresses).

I also wore beige dress pants with a white sleeveless cowl neck sweater.

Wear what makes you feel good! You won't be the only one!

Absolutely not - I pack 7 different ones and never go to dinner in anything else (excepting maybe a first night when luggage hasn't arrived). But then dressing up and eating 5 course meals on china with linens is a big part of the enjoyment of cruising for me. If it's the same for you go for it; what difference does it make what anyone else is wearing? Personally I've never felt out of place simply because I'm not concerned with anyone else's attire.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. Make sure to take something really fabulous for formal night!;)

If I wear at least a cocktail dress every night for dinner on my 7 day cruise, will I be overdressed on the non-formal nights? My first cruise isn't until September, and I have already bought two cocktail dresses, but plan on buying evening gowns for the two formal dinners.

Please tell me there are other ladies out there who like to really get dressed up every night for dinner! LOL :eek:

I do! Wear them and enjoy!!!

I dress each evening as if I were going to a fine dining restaurant. The waiters have even commented on my dresses! The wait-staff especially enjoys it when you dress the theme.

Do what is comfortable for you...I am more comfortable when I am dressed up!!

Happy cruising.............

On our last two cruises I wore black pants with dressy tops on some of the casual nights, and I just was not comfortable and I didn't feel "pretty". Even though the pants were low-rise and they were very stylish and fit me well, I felt like a frump.

On our next cruise, I'm going to glam it up!!! I will be wearing a dress every night. I'm bringing two formal gowns and on casual nights, I'll be wearing cocktail dresses with knockout shoes, lol.

Isn't it something how the right outfit can make you feel great? :D

Thank you, guys! The whole dining experience is one of the main parts I am looking forward to on the cruise. And I got my two evening gowns. Yay! I just need one more cocktail dress. LOL

My cruise isn't until September, and I am almost done with the clothes. LOL

I did. We were on the Valor for New Year's Eve and I wore a cocktail dress every night! I didn't feel out of place, as most on the ship were dressed very nicely every night.

P.S. Your clothes are almost done, but what about the shoes and jewerly:p

LOL

Shoes are good. I'm not too much into jewelry, but it's the new swimsuits now that I need to start searching for. I figure two will be good for a 7 day cruise. And it's not like I can get those on clearance! If my cruise was in December, yeah, but it's in early September. Here in Texas, we swim until October! LOL

Archived