How early do you pack?

heatherandfred

Well, I start packing 1 month before leaving out. I have a packing list and starting getting things together from the list and put everything into the luggage the weekend before leaving that way if I change my mind about something to wear I won't have to keep taking things in and out of the luggage for a month.

Paulette

Oh it must be so nice to live in a port city!! I am jealous! No extra expensive airflights to worry about, hope you know how lucky you are!

Oops, I never hit the right quote button, this was to quote SurftheWave who packs few hours before driving to the cruise port in their own city.:o

I started packing about 2 months ago...:p

quote]

I started packing 2 weeks ago for our cruise on Oct 7. I have lists for carry-on liquids, carry-on non-liquids, checked liquids, checked non-liquids, for his clothes and for my clothes. And then all items are divided upon the luggage.

I love my lists and would be happy to share them if anyone needs hints or tips. They are in excel file form and called "packing 101." :rolleyes:

my suitcase is still open and I'm just trying to figure out what else to put in there. I still have to put some formal wear in there. Ahhhh...more shoes :p

Fred - Why do you need to pack more shoes? Oh, I know, you still need to pack your tennis shoes, running shoes, bowling shoes, golf shoes, cleats, horseshoes, boat shoes, swim shoes and swim fins! ;)

Or maybe that could be Heather that wanted to pack more shoes? :D

HE-HE-HE, Just Kidding!!:D

One thing that helps packing is our desire to skip formal night. As a matter of fact, we will probably skip most if not all of the meals in the dining room. Neither of us are really fond of eating out and I have no desire to have someone put a napkin in my lap. I would be happy if I didn't have to pack pants at all. Nothing against those who enjoy fine dining...we just don’t. A wrap from room service, eating with my wife on the balcony, away from the noise and atmosphere of the dining room, THAT'S vacation for me. Of course, 15 years of marriage hasn't dimmed the ability for me to feel alone with my wife, no matter how many people are around. As long as I have her to look back at me I will be fine in any situation.

Congradulations! :D You have won runner up in the Best Husband of the year Award. You only lost out to , well, ME! :D :eek: Hopefully my wife will agree, she may vote for you :p . Happy sailing!!

Fred - Why do you need to pack more shoes? Oh, I know, you still need to pack your tennis shoes, running shoes, bowling shoes, golf shoes, cleats, horseshoes, boat shoes, swim shoes and swim fins! ;)

Or maybe that could be Heather that wanted to pack more shoes? :D

HE-HE-HE, Just Kidding!!:D

Well..I love my shoes and I love to coordinate my outfits..this is Heather..aka Sarah. Fred (Ed) has never been on a cruise..poor thing..have to change that soon...ROFLOL:D

We are leaving in Nov. 10 and I really not thinking about it yet, but if I go out shopping I might buy aome travel size items, like the shampoo and stuff I have very fine short hair or if I think of something I will pick it up and then put it all in a bag in the spare room, other wise I pack the night before, no new clothes for me this year, what I have is good enough for me.

Well..I love my shoes and I love to coordinate my outfits..this is Heather..aka Sarah. Fred (Ed) has never been on a cruise..poor thing..have to change that soon...ROFLOL:D

I like to be coordinated toooo!

White shorts go with loud button down tropical shirts :).

Swim trunks go with multicolor T-Shirts :p.

Tuxedo goes with fancy shoes ;) .

See, All coordinated :D .

ROFLMAO :eek: .

Let's see, we leave 3/1/08, and I am already thinking about what to pack. I am a list maker and I have already started to write things down that I don't want to forget. (I forgot hubby's undies on one cruise). In my world it is never too early to think about packing for a cruise. On the other hand I could probably be ready to go in about 30 mins.

1) Well I create a new packing list from my previous packing list as soon as I book a new cruise.

2) About a 1-2 month(s) before the cruise I begin to move things around in my closet to organize those things I know I want to take on the cruise

at the same time I also start a pile on my dresser of things I know I need/want to take with me.

3) a month before the cruise I get out the suit cases and start to throw thing in it

4) the week before I test pack

5) the night before I repack just to make sure I have everything and I take anything out I know I really don't need

Just call me OCP :rolleyes: :D :eek:

d

We are having a guest in our spare room until 10 days before we leave.

I'll start packing after she leaves. Otherwise, on final payment day I start gathering things. For this cruise final payment was Aug. 10. It has been hard for me to wait so long to begin the packing process.

I also like to make lists. For me it is all part of the fun. My husband lets me choose what he will wear so that we will coordinate!

• 1 month later...

I am probably the quintessential list maker! booked on aug 6 for dec 30 cruise and started immediately with my lists. they are so comforting! first i make my list of what to pack in each piece of luggage and carryon. then i make a shopping list. when the item is purchased, it moves from the shopping list to the packing list. when i actually put the item in the suitcase or tagalong or backpack it moves off the list completely. that way i get instant gratification of knowing i am not forgetting something and i don't have to continue second-guessing myself to make sure i haven't forgotten something. and there is a great satisfaction seeing the lists diminish. i even have a list of what i am wearing so that there is no stress there! Moving things around on my lists is half the fun!

I booked our cruise (Southern Caribbean) last week for March 2009 for two weeks.

Before I start any packing lists etc - we must attend to the 'losing weight' issue!!

My theory is that I have smaller clothes - then I can pack more :D

Does this work?? heh heh

Archived