How early do you pack?

heatherandfred

I would just go bonkers if I waited until the day or night before my cruise gather my clothes to pack !!!! :eek: :eek: My best friend does this, and it makes me panic just to think about it!

I usually start my packing list not long after I book (I am a in my element when I am in list-making mode for any type of list needed!) I also have a cruise box that I put things in prior to packing: binoculars (for Alaska), sunscreen, my journal, extra batteries, bug wipes, stain remover stick, and any and all assorted odds and ends that I may want to bring with me. I keep it in the closet, and just throw stuff in it as I find it in the store.

About 2 weeks before, I start to lay out all of the clothes on my list on the bed in my guest room. From here on out, nobody is allowed to come over and spend the night! :p I use this time to look over what I am bringing, possibly weed out extra shirts or shoes, and get it all together.

Everything is actually put into suitcases 4 or 5 days before we leave.

Boy, I am so ready for my cruise to Alaska in a few weeks! Time to get my suitcases down from the attic and air them out!!

I start packing about 2 wks before I leave and usually I am still adding stuff the day I leave. I am always the person that my family looks for if they forget anything so in other words, I over pack!!

I usually start about two months out. Drives the wife crazy :D :D

Lately, we've been going either in the Winter or early Spring, so i take a bunch of tshirts, shorts, etc that i would take with me, throw them in the wash and pack em. The way i look at it, im not going to be wearing them anyways, lol

Other things like dressier clothes i pack about a week out.

I don't think I ever stop. I have a spare bedroom, that I usually leave a suitcase open in, and it has all the stuff I only need when I am going away. Once I know we are booking or have booked I start revising the packing list, ie what did I take last time I didn't need, what did I wish I took. Start the things to do before I go list. I drive my family nuts as I am a TOTAL TYPE A planner. But I enjoy that part almost as much as the cruise.

Kim

2 Months Ago?? I could never do that! I am traveling with 6 children - 5 of whom are ours and I will be doing laundry the day before the cruise to pack their clothes!

I guess if it was just me I could pack ahead of time and buy special clothes for the trip, but that won't happen for a long time!

Have a great cruise!!

I pack the night before we drive to the port. The wife, on the other hand, will start hanging out her evening wear when we book. She'll check out each oufit, match shoes with it, jewelry, etc. This could be 2 or 3 months before we cruise................

I usually begin week in advance with my list. However, this cruise is different. We are eleven days away from sailing and I have no lists due to things going on in my life.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend....list and packing all at the same time.

Already started....7 months out! :D I have a lot of things (mostly wedding related) that I've already packed, along with clothes that will be "cruise only" clothes. Packed my formals and accessories, my fiance's tux, travel clock, Bonine...things I won't need at home! :)

It's nice to have things organized and ready to go. This way I save space at home and don't have things all over the house. I want to avoid a last minute scramble. "Now where the HECK did I put that?!??!"

Archived