How early do you pack?

heatherandfred

Generally start about 10 PM the night before we leave. We had gotten in down so we knew what we take and just folded and placed it in the suitcases. With the new airport regulations we have been discussing do we change what we bring or just pay the extra $.

I usually start packing a week before the cruise, although I have a standard cruise packing list that I print out a few weeks before the cruise to make sure I have everything I need for the cruise. I usually shop a couple of months in advance for my clothes. I check things off my list as I put them in the suitcase!! This system works well for me. I also keep a hanging organizer packed with all the little things I need to bring so I can just grab it and go.:o

Well I guess I'm crazy but.....

My cruise is a little less than a year away. I have a trip the first week of june but when I get back from that trip I will probably put my suitcase in the spare room and start throwing things in it as I think of them. I've done this with my past two cruises. My friends think I'm nuts! :rolleyes:

I fold everything the day before to make sure it's all there....but I don't pack anything until the morning I leave for the airport....

I take the same things all the time and fit it all into 1 22" roll-on-board case...so, I don't have to think or make any decisions..... It's easier that way...HA!

Don't take anything not needed....no duct tape, no bungee cords, no steamers, no hair dryers (if the ship has one, that is), take 3 pairs of shoes....one of which is on my feet. No jewelry that isn't already on my hands, around my neck or in my ears....no music, iPod, Walkman. I am a very light packer....boring but efficient..and, I'm not lugging a bunch of stuff around.

I can and have lived out of a 22" suitcase for a month....as long as laundry facilities are located somewhere.....

Hi! Our group leaves this Wed. and I have been packing for about 2 months- throwing items (non-clothes) onto my spare room bed (no grandchildren can sleep there over until I return). I have a list on my computer that I can copy and print to make specific for each cruise in addition to the essentials. I love checking other websites for suggestions- Rick Steves, and http://www.onebag.com. My tip- start early enough so you can have fun with it- I send updates to my traveling friends like "how many uses are there for duct tape"?

I'm starting to pack now...2 weeks in advance. My BF thinks I'm nuts but, I'm sure he will appreciate having everything he needs on the ship. If it was up to him he'd pack that morning then end up sulking the whole trip because he forgot something essential...like he does anytime I let him pack his own things.

When I come home from a cruise, I do laundry and repack most of it. Next time it is almost ready. Just a few last minute items. :eek: I know it blows the mind, but hey it works for me.:D

What a fantastic idea. I have purchased the travel bags from the Space Bag company. They are great. I try and keep a cosmetic bag packed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have everything laid out on the bed in the guest bedroom a few days before we leave, but I actually pack my clothes the day before. I also use a word document to maintain a packing list and highlight the things that have been laid out. This way, I don’t forget anything.

I started packing about 2 months ago...:p

I keep buying clothes, and I just bought some more. I like to change at least twice a day if need be.

I have everything folded and ready for the suitcase the night before. The morning of, everything goes in. Takes about 10 minutes.

I take the same things on cruises....same "formal" stuff, same shirts, same blouses, same slacks, jeans etc....It's a no-brainer....most of the clothes are washed and put away in bins, ready for the next time.

I usually start about two months out. Drives the wife crazy :D :D

Lately, we've been going either in the Winter or early Spring, so i take a bunch of tshirts, shorts, etc that i would take with me, throw them in the wash and pack em. The way i look at it, im not going to be wearing them anyways, lol

Other things like dressier clothes i pack about a week out.

How did you like the Glory? I am sailing on her 8/30/08. Our first Balcony and cannot wait!

Pack? What'sthat? I don't think our suitcase have been empty since our first cruise together in 2005... We empty the dirty clothes out of them and leave the toiletries in and just refill them and add clean clothes as we find what we neeed.

In fact I am already packing for our cruise in dec. 09, Oh yeah we have 2 cruises before that. That's what the other piles are in the walk in closet!!!! He He!!!!:D Yeah, i guess I'm a habitual planner. My husband would pack 2 or 3 min. before we were to leave if he could. I guess that is why I plan everything to death as he says.:D Hope everyone enjoys their cruises.

Tom and Gerry

Archived