bringing "beverages" aboard Crown at Red Hook, Brooklyn...some ??'s

crissyp

OK...So I have this straight....I can bring cases of water onboard with no problem. All I have to do is duct tape it and put a princess luggage tag on it. What about a case of beer, do I just pack it in a duffle bag. I've read in other posts that they put it in a cardboard box, tape it up, and tag it.

Bottle of liquor...bubble wrap it and pack it in my suitcase?? I'm really not sure if we plan on bringing water, I've just read that alot of people do, and was wondering how to go about it if we decide to.

P.S. Can I bubble wrap my little jack russel and bring her with me too!:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Crissy

Awww I loveeee Jack Russell's!! I have two pugs, my next pup has to be a Jack Russell, my house will definetly not be standing!! Lol

I'm leaving next Friday, so I hope someone answers you. I think that you are allowed to just wrap everything up and put your cabin # on it! At least I hope so!

Oh boy, here goes the whole booze smugling debate again!

If you have your beverages of choice checked to be delivered to your stateroom, just make sure that no one can tell what they are. If it is obviously a case of beer or bottles of some kind, they may "get lost" before they even reach the ship.

You get no claim checks when you turn your baggage over at the dock and you can't claim that your booze never made it to your cabin since you're not supposed to be bringing on board anyway.

What we do is to put our liquor in clear juice or water bottles and just put it in a carry on and bring it on with us. It's obviously not good for beer, but it sure works for vodka and scotch. Our bag goes right through xray and no one ever asks to see what's inside. This worked at the Brooklyn pier just last year and the NYC pier earlier this year and from any other port we ever sailed from.

Of course if you're flying to the embarkation port it won't work since you can't carry it on the plane with you.

We figured out a long time ago that the security screeners at embarkation work for the TSA or Homeland Security and not the cruise line. They are there to prevent illegal or dangerous substances from being brought on board. They are not there to enforce the cruise lines' rules about bringing liquor on board.

Guest verymoodyone
Not true about just carrying it on. Last September I had a bottle of Bacardi 8 taken from my carry on luggage when going through screening at Red Hook.

What did they do with it? Were you able to claim it upon return?

We did check upon returning if it could be claimed as the security screener who took it asked for our cabin number. I am sure he enjoyed it as it was never logged in as it was supposed to be. Oh well, live + learn.

Archived