paris airport shutttle

Has anyone used any of the various airport shuttles from CDG to the city of Paris? I believe trying to do the metro with luggage would be a hassle.

Thanks for any help!

I have used the shuttles now and then over the years,and have not had any problems...they are just like here in the US..make stops at different hotels etc.Sometimes I take the bus if it is just me and I have a small suitcase,and then get a cab from the train station where the bus stops,but the shuttles with luggage is bettere than the train/metro especially after a long flight.If by chance you decide to use a taxi..do NOT use one if someone comes up to you in the airport..not ever no matter what they say.Only use one from the taxi line outside that has taxi parisenne(sp) on the top.It will cost about 50euro or slightly more now I suppose.

Depending on where in Paris you are actually going, the Air France bus can be a very good deal.

Check out their website. Cheap and faster than all others. I know it stops in Montparnasse and somewhere close to the Eiffel Tower. Just Google "Air France Bus".

Depending on where in Paris you are actually going, the Air France bus can be a very good deal.

Check out their website. Cheap and faster than all others. I know it stops in Montparnasse and somewhere close to the Eiffel Tower. Just Google "Air France Bus".

Easier to take AF bus to closest train station and get taxi,and hope bus is not in an accident on way into city..last bus I took in driver ripped side mirror off a car and we had to wait until they stopped yelling at each other.If you don't know Paris and have luggage it really can be a hassle,but it is cheap and generally fast..:)

I have done the AF bus and hated it! it was hot, and we had lots of luggage and there was a problem getting a taxi to our hotel./ I swore never again! The shuttles are far better. They drop off right in front of your hotel!I believe we used blue van.

karen

I have Grey Shuttle booked for all of our Paris transfers next week and they have been great to deal with. Price is very reasonable and it is a private transfer, no stops at other hotels.

We recently visited Paris and took the Air France Bus to the Arc de Triomphe stop. Taxis were right across the street and the total cost was 28 Euros for the two of us for the bus and another 13 Euros for the taxi to our hotel on the Left Bank. The busdriver loads and unloads your luggage for you and unless you take a private shuttle that will take you directly to your hotel, the AF bus is a viable option. A taxi during rush hour (which was when we arrived in Paris) is much more costly. We took a taxi to return to the airport a few days later, on a Sunday morning, and the cost was 55 euros.

Archived