Captain Bobby & Karen Day Sail

DREAMSAFLOAT

We sailed on Rumbaba in March. There is only one thing I am disappointed with. That is that I can't go with you next week! There were 6 of us in our group, so it worked out perfect by the numbers. All 6 agreed that we would be willing to stay a week in St Thomas and charter with Captain Bobby at least 2 or 3 days. What a deal. One of the best times we have ever had. I left a great cd full of mp3's with Captain Bobby so maybe he will still have it for you. Karen works her butt off to make sure you have a great time. She is a great cook too. I hope you went with the Ahi Tuna! It was a hugh steak and so fresh it will spoil you. Our group likes to put down a few adult beverages too, and there was a great selection. Karen's bloody mary's were fabulous. I do have one suggestion and this is dependent on what you group likes because some will disagree with me. Opt for a short snorkel. Captain Bobby will find a good place to stop for lunch and you can snorkel at that time. The sailing is so much fun and you get to see so much more of the islands. I love to scuba and snorkel, but you can do that in another port. The sailing was a blast. And don't be afraid to cut loose a little. Bobby and Karen like to see people have fun. It shows them your having a good time!

Thanks for posting this. We are scheduled for a daysail with them in July. I am looking forward to it. Sounds like you all had a great time. We went to St. Thomas on our honeymoon. I am looking forward to going back. Both my DH and myself chose the Ahi Tuna.

Take care,

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on Rumbaba last week, and just wanted to post that we really enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, the view was phenominal, and the privacy of our own excursion was awesome. Highly recommend! :) Any questions?

How was the snorkling? Did Bobby take you to specific snorkling areas? We will be going on this excursion in July. Did you take a cab to meet him and what was the cost?

Thanks

The snorkeling was pretty good. He took us to 2 spots, one at Hawksnest Bay (the better one) and one not too far away, but I don't know the name. The Hawksnest view was absolutely breathtaking! We took a cab, and it was ten bucks per person, and about 20 minutes long.

I just confirmed with Captain Bobby for August and can't wait. Thanks for the reviews and keep them coming. Were you able to each pick your own lunch selection or does Karen cook 1 entree?

Each person picks there own entree! Our group had 5 filet mignon's and 1 chicken (me). All were great!

I can't wait! My son who is 11 will be finishing up a summer season of sailing lessons so I am sure Captain Bobby will give him a few pointers. So far there are just 3 of us going. Was the boat crowded with 6?

No, the boat wasn't really crowded. I guess i did feel a little cramped towards the end, b/c i hadn't moved in a while, wasn't really anywhere to go. Were yo able to book with 3, i was told the minimum was 4?

Yes I was able to book for 3. I spoke with Bobby and received e-mail confirmation. I believe there is still room if anyone would like to sail aboard on August 21st!

I was wondering if there is a place to change out of our wet suits for the taxi ride back to the ship.

I just booked Rumbaba for two on the 8/12 CB sailing... Bobby said there's room for 4 more if anyone is interested in joining us! I'm really looking forward to it after reading this thread!

Archived