Best time of year for Eastern Caribbean?

Grits53

Is there a best time of year to cruise the Eastern Caribbean? Specifically the Glory's Eastern itinerary from Port Canaveral. By "best time", I mean most likely to have the smoothest seas and the best weather on the water and at the ports. I realize there is no guarantee for these things at any time of year, but there must be a time when you have the best chance for good cruising weather and smooth seas. We are planning our first Eastern Caribbean cruise for some time in 2008, just can't decide when. Thanks for your input.

we cruise from 5th to 12th of May.

Amazing weather, not a spot of rain. One tropical storm brewing which we never actually touched (just saw the beautiful lightning from the boat.. amazing sight!).

I'd definetly sail at that time of year again, all the ports were empty as it was the end of heavy cruise season, a couple of weeks before hurricane season. PERFECT!

Is there a best time of year to cruise the Eastern Caribbean? Specifically the Glory's Eastern itinerary from Port Canaveral. By "best time", I mean most likely to have the smoothest seas and the best weather on the water and at the ports. I realize there is no guarantee for these things at any time of year, but there must be a time when you have the best chance for good cruising weather and smooth seas. We are planning our first Eastern Caribbean cruise for some time in 2008, just can't decide when. Thanks for your input.

Have cruised the Eastern Caribbbean many times. Mainly Nov/Dec. Have also done it in the summer. Weather is hit and miss , but almost always pretty smooth.

The question is how many people do you want to contend with in ports of call ? In the summer time there are less ships in port. Also early fall and late sping. Many ships go to other itins. Like HAL, Princess, RCI and others. At those times of year there will be less people in ports of call.

In St. Thomas you might only have 2 or 3 ships as opposed to 5 to 7 ships.

Most of the time the seas are fine...barring storms....

We go in Jan., Feb., or Mar. No. GA. can be gray and gloomy in winter months. Other than occassional rain showers weather fine. If children affect your cruise expierence, fewer these months. :) Bill

Thanks for the replies. Looks like almost any time would be a good time! I think May sounds best to me, so that's what I'll be looking into. This trip will be full of firsts for me. I've never been to the east coast of FL or the eastern Caribbean ports. Here I am, 53 yrs. young, and have never been to Disney World...so I want to do that, too! WOOHOO!! I wish we didn't have to wait almost a year for this one, but the way time flies, it'll be here before we know it. Meanwhile, we'll be taking the Conquest again Sept. 2, and I'm excited about that, too. Thanks again for the replies.

Hi Grits! Your enthusiasm is great. I'm 51 years young and still love Disney! But have to try to get ahead this year, so no cruise or no Disney...:( You will absolutely love the Eastern Carribean ports - St. Thomas and St. Martin are wonderful. There is always something new to do there which you haven't done before. Happy planning!

I just came from an Eastern Glory cruise from mid-May and it was PERFECT weather. The hurricane season runs from 6/1 through 10/1 ( I think), so I plan on booking during that time.

*cough* 6-1/11-1 *cough*

We booked Eastern route last January, the last week in January and the weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cool. Only one day was it a bit bad for the beach.

It was the smoothest cruise Iv ever been on and a perfect winter get-away.

We just booked a western caribbean cruise for june 28, 2008. Have there ever been any hurricanes nor bad weather reported during this time?
Yes...the only month of the year there has never been a hurricane is in Feb.

If you haven't noticed there have been 2 named storms already......Yikes.....;)

Archived