Ketchikan Misty Fjords by boat or floatplane

SuzansCruzin

I too like the flights, just superb for viewing the fjords. IF you have a lot of time in Ketchikan, the combo trips have had some good reviews.

Frankly it would make a difference IF your TA has done this tour??? Or why is this their recommendation???

With short port times, the longer combo tour, may be all you can do?? Ketchikan is definately worthwhile to spend an hour walking about.

The TA felt that whatever you didn't see by plane, you would then see by boat. We are in port from 7am to 5pm. The boat/plane option was through the cruise ship and I think there was an early morning(7:45am) time available. I am still waiting to hear back from Island Wings to see their availability. :)

I really liked the boat trip. It didn't take too long to get there, as the boat moved at a pretty good pace until we reached the fjords. Being on the boat allowed us to get up close to the waterfalls.

Waterfalls.jpg.e3fc0ea301cc83c198c6f09a90d7781a.jpg

Waterfall.jpg.b9ff101e6aa7601fed47e9b7dd56e71d.jpg

We don't fly, so we did just the RT boat, and we thought it was one of the highlights of our trip. Scenery is beautiful, and we stopped to observe a bear, a mink, and an eagle's nest as well. Once into the fjord area we went at a slow pace observing waterfalls and the gorgeous scenery. We would do this excursion again.

Thanks everyone. I think we will try the flightseeing. As I am not sure Michelle will be able to accomodate us, any negatives to using Sea Wind that you know of? I know they have been recommended on this forum, but just wondering if anyone has heard of or had a negative experience with them.

Archived