May 26th Journey - Day by Day Report

SheilaNC

A couple more questions. What day was the Select and Elite members get together? How long did it last and were there complimentary drinks?

Where was the gala Bon Voyage toast done? How long did it last and were there complimentary drinks?

I hear drinks are expensive. I am a Jim Beam and coke drinker. Do they have Jim Beam (bourbon) and what is the cost for a mix drink?

I hear drinks are expensive. I am a Jim Beam and coke drinker. Do they have Jim Beam (bourbon) and what is the cost for a mix drink?

Without a doubt the most expensive ridculous prices I have ever seen ANYWHERE including hotels !!!!! Typical drink 6-7 dollars and the martinis were 10-12 !! HOWEVER - the few drinks I had were EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Without a doubt the most expensive ridculous prices I have ever seen ANYWHERE including hotels !!!!! Typical drink 6-7 dollars and the martinis were 10-12 !! HOWEVER - the few drinks I had were EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

While martinis are expensive, as noted, I recommend Martini Madness where you pay $10 and get a sampling of 6 martinis. The martini glasses are just a bit smaller than normal, but the pours are generous, to the point that the glasses were full. I don't need to tell you how one felt by the time the 6th drink arrived in a less than 2 hour sitting.

AND, if your order the martini tasting and can't finish all of the drinks (as happened to me) especially if you're in the Looking Glass Lounge with Marco...just tell him you want him to hold 1 or 2 until the next day. That's what I did and the next day my drink didn't cost anything.... We actually didn't find the drinks, except for the Martinis (to which we're partial) all that expensive. We had just come from NYC and had paid more there.

Archived