Questions on Mercury's Aft cabins

ekeberg

Has anyone stayed in the aft cabins that they just added balconies on in April?

We have 3 cabins next to each other on the Penthouse deck next month for our Alaska cruise and I was wondering how big the balconies are and what furniture they have on them?

Does anyone have any pictures of the cabins or balconies since the dry dock?

Thanks

Lynn

We stayed in one of new balconied aft cabins on Mercury. In fact, we were the first people to actually have used that cabin.

The balcony is about 7-8 ft. deep. There was a rectangular table, with 2 chairs, and no other balcony furniture. I think a lounger could fit...we didn't ask for one, since the weather was a little cool.

We didn't take any pictures...sorry, we really should have, but maybe other cruisers that have recently been on Mercury has some recent pics.

Hope this helps...

Karyn

X is still saying it holds 5 but where???? I was under the impresion the bed up against the window had to make space for the balcony door.

Apparently the system says 2 couches - Since we have stayed in one of those before I am now wondering where they put they put the second one and how is the space now used or which storage did they do away with......

No. All they did was take the old family cabins, cut the aft wall out, add doors and partitions to make balconies.

This is correct...it's stilll the same cabin...although it does have new carpeting, bedding, and really looks quite new. With the added balcony, it gives an impression of being a much brighter, bigger cabin.

Karyn

Thanks karynanne,

Do you know if the partitions open between cabins? Since we have 3 cabins next to each other it would be great to open them up and have one large balcony!

Thanks again for the info on the new carpets and bedding

Lynn

Archived