Late cruise depature...what to do?

fancy_nance_126

We're taking a cruise on Princess in November. I believe our flight gets in around 2pm (the day of depature) and the ship doesn't leave the port until 11pm.

Does anyone know when we can board the ship?

Also, is there a place to store our luggage if we want to tour around a bit before heading to the pier (or is it better to get on the ship and leave)? We'd like to get a little sight-seeing in if we can!! Thanks! :)

We are doing this also in early November. (Crown). We get in about 2:00. Would love to drop our bags off w/ the porter and then go to OSJ for a lunch or something. Has anyone done this? I am assuming we will be leaving from the Pan Am Pier. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

If your flight gets in at 2:00 pm - by the time you get your luggage, a taxi and get to the port it will be 3:00-3:30 depending on the incoming traffic at the airport and driving traffic.

You can drop your bags off at the pier with the porters....and leave. It's about a 10-15 minute drive back to Old San Juan. So now it is 4:00 ish. The forts close at 5:00 (sometimes 6:00) depends on time of year. Check the website.

Not sure if you have early or late dinner seating..... but when leaving from San Juan they usually move up the early seating 1/2 hr. and push back the late seating 1/2 hr and have the Muster Drill in between dinnertimes.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS MUSTER!! Anyone missing it must make it up the next day (while docked in St. Thomas if on the Serenade) :eek:

so it is do-able just not a whole lot of time. Plan well.

texancruzer, thanks for the advise. We have anytime dining, so I don't think time would be a factor. Although you did say the muster was in between. I think I read somewhere that it is about 6:00. So we might as well be on the boat. Does anyone know if activities start on the first night before we leave?

Archived