"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

i read a thread that said enchantment may come to nola? at some point- maybe the enchantment will become some what of a "floater" ship moving around here and there to fill in the gaps seasonally? :) going to pc and then nola and then ?

A floater ship? Going to have to look at the Bookings for Enchantment. Adam Goldstein did say that some of the bookings have not yet been announced but they will be in a few weeks time. Perhaps this is what was referred to. I suspect that RCI has a headache right now on the Mariner move. I do not think they realized the storm that was going to hit when they did not announce a replacement ship(s). it's a Cat 4 Hurricane and it's getting stronger as the emails and posts come in. So far no one has started a Carnival thread on stealing Port Canaveral and re-naming it Port Carnival but I suspect it is going to happen soon.

A floater ship? Going to have to look at the Bookings for Enchantment. Adam Goldstein did say that some of the bookings have not yet been announced but they will be in a few weeks time. Perhaps this is what was referred to. I suspect that RCI has a headache right now on the Mariner move. I do not think they realized the storm that was going to hit when they did not announce a replacement ship(s). it's a Cat 4 Hurricane and it's getting stronger as the emails and posts come in. So far no one has started a Carnival thread on stealing Port Canaveral and re-naming it Port Carnival but I suspect it is going to happen soon.

Maybe Enchantment could "float" up to Port C to fill in until RCCL puts a Voyager or Freedom class ship in place -- probably in fall, 2009 when Genesis comes online (probably in Miami). That move would keep Carnival out of the terminal. During the winter, Port Everglades is pretty crowded and this move would alleviate that overcrowding. For selfish reasons, I would like to sail on Enchantment because I hear Julian, the concierge, is amazing!!! And the concierge lounge looks so pretty with the big windows.

Let's jsut keep up the pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing for Enchantment in 2009 aacording to the website.

Following is a copy of the E-Mail sent to both Richard Fain, and Adam Goldstein. Will advise if a response is received.

My wife and I are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers. Our first cruise was on Sovereign of the Seas in March 2003. All it took was that one cruise, and we were hooked. Since then, my wife and I have cruised with your company nine more times, and have three more cruises on the books.

Out of the 10 cruises we have taken, seven have been out of Port Canaveral. the port is hands down our favorite. The area community is fantastic in its support to the cruise lines it serves, and we have enjoyed spending additional days before and after the cruise in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

The announcement that RCI is moving the Mariner is bad news for us. We have been loyal to Royal Caribbean, but it now seems that loyalty is not being returned. We can understand re-positioning a ship. But why not announce what your plans are for Port Canaveral at the same time ? Yes, the west coast deserves a great Voyager class ship, but Port Canaveral has been very good to Royal Caribbean, and has earned a replacement.

If Royal Caribbean has intentions of replacing the Marinner in Port Canaveral, please announce your intentions. If you will be leaving Port Canaveral altogether, your customers deserve to know that, too.

We're sure that Port Canaveral is important to Royal Caribbean. Hopefully, you will show us its importance by making an announcement, very soon.

Following is a copy of the E-Mail sent to both Richard Fain, and Adam Goldstein. Will advise if a response is received.

My wife and I are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers. Our first cruise was on Sovereign of the Seas in March 2003. All it took was that one cruise, and we were hooked. Since then, my wife and I have cruised with your company nine more times, and have three more cruises on the books.

Out of the 10 cruises we have taken, seven have been out of Port Canaveral. the port is hands down our favorite. The area community is fantastic in its support to the cruise lines it serves, and we have enjoyed spending additional days before and after the cruise in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

The announcement that RCI is moving the Mariner is bad news for us. We have been loyal to Royal Caribbean, but it now seems that loyalty is not being returned. We can understand re-positioning a ship. But why not announce what your plans are for Port Canaveral at the same time ? Yes, the west coast deserves a great Voyager class ship, but Port Canaveral has been very good to Royal Caribbean, and has earned a replacement.

If Royal Caribbean has intentions of replacing the Mariner in Port Canaveral, please announce your intentions. If you will be leaving Port Canaveral altogether, your customers deserve to know that, too.

We're sure that Port Canaveral is important to Royal Caribbean. Hopefully, you will show us its importance by making an announcement, very soon.

Nicely done. I could not do a better job of stating this. I know Adam will respond to your email. it will be short and to the point but you will get a response. Nicely done :D

Nicely done. I could not do a better job of stating this. I know Adam will respond to your email. it will be short and to the point but you will get a response. Nicely done :D
And I think someone probably at Customer Service will respond at Richard Fain's request.

I think it is really important that Adam hear from lots of us as his accountant background often influences decisions from the dollars and cents perspective. Emails like ours make him more sensitive to the human/customer aspect of a decision.

Im not happy about the prospect of not having a 7 day cruise ship at PC ,and I really hate driving to Miami:mad: (Ft Lauderdale ,not much better),but I will continue to cruise RCCL outta any port I can...........as much as I really,really prefer Pt Canaveral..........It wont stop me from cruising on their ships........Sure, gas is expensive,but its just another cost added into my vacation.....

Kathy, I don't believe for one minute that RCI is going to give up Pt. Canaveral with any of it's spots. I believe that it is early and they will announce a replacement for the Mariner and also I don't think that the Sovereign is going anywhere and if she does then they will replace her.

Posted in the Carnival group.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=570064

Let the fires begin :D

Do you really think that the folks who cruise Carnival are going to know what plans are in place for Pt. Canaveral? Why don't you folks give RCI time to announce their plans for the Mariner replacement? Also I have found over my years of cruising that the crew is the last to know what is going on so those rumors about the Sovereign are just that. If they did take her out then there is no doubt that she would be replaced since this is one of RCI's most popular itineraries.

Do you really think that the folks who cruise Carnival are going to know what plans are in place for Pt. Canaveral? Why don't you folks give RCI time to announce their plans for the Mariner replacement? Also I have found over my years of cruising that the crew is the last to know what is going on so those rumors about the Sovereign are just that. If they did take her out then there is no doubt that she would be replaced since this is one of RCI's most popular itineraries.

I beg to differ...The crew usually knows well in advance. As a matter of fact my source who told me the Mariner was going to the West Coast back in April was in fact a member of the crew.

I beg to differ...The crew usually knows well in advance. As a matter of fact my source who told me the Mariner was going to the West Coast back in April was in fact a member of the crew.

I guess we can agree to disagree on this. My experience over the years that I have been cruising, the crew has been quick to give rumors that very seldom come true.

I find it hard to believe port canaveral is such an important port to them since they have no plan of action for it. And if they did why not just announce it instead of having all these upset customers? RCCL did a poort job of managing its customers in my opinion regarding this issue

And I agree with Tim on this one, the crew on the mariner have always seem to known things before others. Maybe its just the ship, but I have noticed it too. We too have friends on the ship and they have given us very reliable information in the past, which is why I am looking forward to getting back on her in august so I can really find out what is going on.

Maybe we should not get so worked up. Port Canaveral is very important to RCCL ($$$$$). They just haven't announced it yet and everyone will be happy when they do, say in the next 2/3 months.
Good post but positive emails that support Port C. should be helpful.

Maybe we should not get so worked up. Port Canaveral is very important to RCCL ($$$$$). They just haven't announced it yet and everyone will be happy when they do, say in the next 2/3 months.

Its not that I dont think its important..but as a business owner myself there is no way they are moving the mariner without a plan in place, so why not just tell everyone? Why leave everyone hanging and upset. As someone mentioned the mariner really has a loyal following. I would think just to keep business flowing and to make customers happy they could at least tell everyone what their plans are.

I myself tend to make my plans way in advance, looking at 2009's schedule and the mariner leaving port canaveral makes me look at other choices. In fact I am already in the process of choosing a cruise for April of 2009, and since the mariner wont be in port canaveral and right now it seems no other ship, it looks like I have to make another choice. There must be others like me who are also making their plans and trying to choose cruises.

We just got off the Mariner this morning and drove home to Fort Mill, SC.

The Captain spoke to us twice and both times confirmed that the Mariner is moving to the west coast in 2009 and that it will be replaced by a newer and larger ship. He also said that the Port Canaveral Pilots have already been trained on the simulator in Miami and that there were no problems docking and turning the larger ship.

He also said that some major improvements will be needed to the shore facilities at Port Canaveral to handle more cars in the parking area and movement of more baggage and supplies to and from the larger ship.

Which ship it will be is still unknown.

We just got off the Mariner this morning and drove home to Fort Mill, SC.

The Captain spoke to us twice and both time confirmed that the Mariner is moving to the west coast in 2009 and that it will be replaced by a nerer and larger ship. He also said that the Port Canaveral Pilots have already been trained on the simulator in Miami and that there were no problems docking and turning the larger ship.

He also said that some major improvements will be needed to the shore facilities at Port Canaveral to handle more cars in the parking area and movement of more baggage and supplies to and from the larger ship.

Which ship it will be is still unknown.

Great Information Trainman -- especially on simulator training, docking and improvement of shore facilities.

By the way, did you have Captain Johnny or Captain Pers?

Great Information Trainman -- especially on simulator training, docking and improvement of shore facilities.

LOL everyone seems to want to know that question. I would be very sad to miss captain johnny in august.

Someone posted from the ship last week saying they had Captain Per.

I think Captain Johnny should be back this week.

Boy between you guys with the Mariner,and us Texans (and others) with the Rhapsody...I bet Goldstein is about ready to throw the old Blackberry in the Ocean....

He has responded to a number of folks from the Rhapsody group...He probably is in hiding by now:D

Good Luck....Although we really wanted to keep the Rhapsody,and are greatful Voyager is coming for Winters...We still want a year round presence in Galveston...Hopefull when the next 2 or 3 ships come out..We too will get another year round ship...

Good luck with your campaign....Hopefull they are listening..

Well, between the info from Skyking on the dredging crew, and the message Trainman brought us, it sure appears that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope they let us off the hook soon !!!

This is a helluva way to get the word out isn't it? :D

Archived