"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

We are fortunate living close to the ports but I'm not going to drive to FTL or MIA for a RCCL cruise..gas is getting too expensive..JMHO

Jim

Im not happy about the prospect of not having a 7 day cruise ship at PC ,and I really hate driving to Miami:mad: (Ft Lauderdale ,not much better),but I will continue to cruise RCCL outta any port I can...........as much as I really,really prefer Pt Canaveral..........It wont stop me from cruising on their ships........Sure, gas is expensive,but its just another cost added into my vacation.....

Was at Port Canaveral yesterday and met some people at Grills who work for a dredging company, that are here to begin a HUGE dredging project at the port....Some good info...People just need to simmer down a bit and wait and see what happens...I expect a Freedom Class 100%
That might be the best news I've heard in the last several days. The port wouldn't spend that kind of money for no reason.

We've been on Freedom, and are scheduled for Liberty in October. When I first stepped on the Freedom, I couldn't escape the thought that I was on a Voyager class ship. The layout is almost identical. A Freedom class ship in PC would be awesome.

Living in Ohio, airfare is a part of any cruise I take. My preference is, and always will be Port Canaveral.

We've done 10 cruises, 6 of those out of PC, 2 from FLL, 1 from MIA and 1 from San Juan (SJC). From Atlanta, where the metro area population just topped 5 million, PC is a comfortable 7 1/2 drive, maybe less. Got home in Atlanta from the Disney Wonder at 3:36 pm last week after driving 500 miles after disembarkation--which DCL does more smoothly than RCI, but on the Sovereign back in January we still got home by maybe 4:30. Love PC, and hope RCI brings in Liberty or some other Freedom class replacement, which seems more likely than a Voyager class. An announcement of Mariner leaving w/o announcement of the replacement is a PR breakdown--it creates uncertainty instead of excitement over the future replacement. I would hope--not just a cruise passenger but also as a RCI stockholder, that RCI recognizes the popularity of the port and the proximity to so many in the southeast other than FLA. We have driven to FLL, and it was a bearish 11 hour drive home (broke the trip down into a 9 1/2 hour day with 90 minutes left the morning before embarkation (and we were still 1st in line!!). Have also flown to FLL, which is absolutely the easiest airport to seaport transition as the property practically touches. But just too far, would strongly strongly prefer never to drive that one again--but then again the air travel really adds to the budget. Even with $3.00 gasoline, or $3.25, for three of us the drive is a no-brainer cost saver vs. the flights.

Miami I have only flown to. Never again. Hate the airport, hate the seaport.

PC's apparent drawback is the distance between the airport and the seaport--unlike FLL, for example, where a simple cab ride is a no-brainer, the transfer can create some anxiety among travelers--there are many threads asking what is the best method that show some concern, especially over at the DIS Boards.

By the way--we LOVE the Radiance. Not really on point, just thought I'd throw it.

Looking forward to the Mariner. Enjoy her, those on the west coast--and those who go 'round the horn with her to get there, post-panamax style.

Im not happy about the prospect of not having a 7 day cruise ship at PC ,and I really hate driving to Miami:mad: (Ft Lauderdale ,not much better),but I will continue to cruise RCCL outta any port I can...........as much as I really,really prefer Pt Canaveral..........It wont stop me from cruising on their ships........Sure, gas is expensive,but its just another cost added into my vacation.....

Your thoughts are very similar to mine although we have not driven to Miami yet (we are scheduled for 2/24/08 FOS unless we change to Mariner). DH, who does the driving, is ok with driving even as far as Miami as he hates to fly. But he still likes the ease and close proximity of Port C (we live near Hilton Head, SC). However, no matter what port we are leaving from, he gets uptight during disembarkation even when it is only the 4 1/2 hour drive though (he wants to be home instantly). You should have seen him last January when we were there at the dining room opening and had Diamond baggage tickets for early disembarkion !!!!

\great email!!!

Thanks Dave. Even if we're not completely in sync on this particular issue, it's gratifying to know how many people care about what we do. fyi there are only a few products that we have not yet announced for sailings through the winter of 2008/2009. All Freedom-class and Voyager-class products are available for sale as announced. Any remaining announcements will be made over the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

Thanks Dave. Even if we're not completely in sync on this particular issue, it's gratifying to know how many people care about what we do. fyi there are only a few products that we have not yet announced for sailings through the winter of 2008/2009. All Freedom-class and Voyager-class products are available for sale as announced. Any remaining announcements will be made over the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President

(305) 539 6082

Dave -- thanks for posting. we just need to keep empahsizing to Adam and RCCL how important Port C. is to us. I am hearing that RCCL is also hearing unhappiness about moving the Rhapsody from Galveston. Too bad RCCL never exercised their option for the 5th Radiance class ship.

I suppose I'm biased since I live about 1/2 hour south of the port on the same island, but I hope they replace her with a few more ships. I love travelling from Port Canaveral and if you visit their website, they are always trying to entice more ships to dock here. The facilities are so clean and getting around is a breeze. just my 2 cents worth.

I suppose I'm biased since I live about 1/2 hour south of the port on the same island, but I hope they replace her with a few more ships. I love travelling from Port Canaveral and if you visit their website, they are always trying to entice more ships to dock here. The facilities are so clean and getting around is a breeze. just my 2 cents worth.

Just keep posting positive about RCCL in Port C!!!

It's really convenient for us but your location is really close. We sailed with a woman from Merrit Island on our second Mariner cruise and she could hear Mariner's whistle when the ship left. Very cool.

From our Perspective, Fort lauderdale (Port Everglades)is 2 Hours and 55 minutes away 180 miles and Port Canaveral is 126 miles (About 2 hours) I like PC a lot and it is very easy to get around in. Last year on our Milliennium cruise, the parking was a bus ride away, the check in was about 1 hour long and the reception on the ship was super (Champaign once we stepped aboard) This year it was 30 minutes to drop off the luggage and a 5 minute walk to the terminal from the parking. the check in was about 30 minutes tops and the reception was fine (No Champaign) So I rate PC way better than Port Everglades and Celebrity was a bit classier than RCI. Now if they use Solstice in PC from January of 2009 until RCI gets us another ship that would be the best. Celebrity in PC. I think maybe a few people would forget about Mariner if this happens......

Dave -- thanks for posting. we just need to keep empahsizing to Adam and RCCL how important Port C. is to us. I am hearing that RCCL is also hearing unhappiness about moving the Rhapsody from Galveston. Too bad RCCL never exercised their option for the 5th Radiance class ship.

No problem on that. I also sent the same email to Richard Fain and to Celebrities President as well (Dan Hanrahan I think) For my part, I will keep the heat on until someone finally decides to make an announcement. Celebrities new Solstace is supposed to be delivered to Celebrity in August 2008. This leaves a possible Celebrity ship for Port Canaveral. I am going to push this point as well. I can't imagine RCI making more money in Los Angeles with Mariner than they did in PC. In addition just one severe earthquake in California and the infrastructure for Mariner will be gone. Piers have a tendancy to collapse in 7.0 and above quakes. Whatever it takes is the motto here.........

No problem on that. I also sent the same email to Richard Fain and to Celebrities President as well (Dan Hanrahan I think) For my part, I will keep the heat on until someone finally decides to make an announcement. Celebrities new Solstace is supposed to be delivered to Celebrity in August 2008. This leaves a possible Celebrity ship for Port Canaveral. I am going to push this point as well. I can't imagine RCI making more money in Los Angeles with Mariner than they did in PC. In addition just one severe earthquake in California and the infrastructure for Mariner will be gone. Piers have a tendancy to collapse in 7.0 and above quakes. Whatever it takes is the motto here.........

Dave -- sounds like a great strategy -- will be interested to see what Ricahrd Fain and Dan Hanrahan say. Will keep up contacts also. I sent an email to my contact at RCCL who contacted me after I sent a letter commending the Mariner crew. He loves Mariner and was passing my comments and the thread link to ship deployment. Will keep folks in the loop.

The earthquake perspective is interesting. Guess they would have to reposition Mariner if that happened.

I agree and was just saying the same thing to someone..

I mentioned the other day,prior to the announcement about Mariner,that

Mariner and Rhapsody seem to have the most loyal following,and the most consistent and positive reviews..

Now RCI is pulling both from very popular home ports..

I am happy for the West Coast...They deserve a great ship..I guess RCI is gonna have to turn out 5 or 6 more new ships to keep us all happy:D

Interesting point. Someone needs to Cut and paste the above message and send it to RCI's Richard Fain and Adam Goldstein as well.. Carnival is going to end up owning that port and Disney will get the crumbs RCI will get nothing but a lot of upset former customers....Gas prices and all :mad:

Dave -- sounds like a great strategy -- will be interested to see what Ricahrd Fain and Dan Hanrahan say. Will keep up contacts also. I sent an email to my contact at RCCL who contacted me after I sent a letter commending the Mariner crew. He loves Mariner and was passing my comments and the thread link to ship deployment. Will keep folks in the loop.

The earthquake perspective is interesting. Guess they would have to reposition Mariner if that happened.

Yes it is and in fact La is overdue again for a 7.0 quake. I'd hate to see this happen but natural disasters do happen. I have also heard that Mr. Dickinson (Carnival President) and some of his staff have been watching this closely as well. if Sovereign leaves as well that leaves a totally empty Cruise Terminal and pier and Disney and Carnival both will try to get the lease on that complex. RCI had better be on their toes because if they aren't.............. The port's name will be changed to Port Carnival :mad:

I agree and was just saying the same thing to someone..

I mentioned the other day,prior to the announcement about Mariner,that

Mariner and Rhapsody seem to have the most loyal following,and the most consistent and positive reviews..

Now RCI is pulling both from very popular home ports..

I am happy for the West Coast...They deserve a great ship..I guess RCI is gonna have to turn out 5 or 6 more new ships to keep us all happy:D

I totally agree with this, why relocate two ships which do have such a following. I have seen so many ships repositioned and no one has cared. I am so sad to see the mariner moving, it has truly changed a lot of my travel plans...but I guess its ok I like to do land trips too so I can fit more of them back in too now. It wont make me stop cruising RCCL they are definitely my cruise line of choice, but it will make me cruise it less now since my favorite ship is no longer accessible.

I totally agree with this, why relocate two ships which do have such a following. I have seen so many ships repositioned and no one has cared. I am so sad to see the mariner moving, it has truly changed a lot of my travel plans...but I guess its ok I like to do land trips too so I can fit more of them back in too now. It wont make me stop cruising RCCL they are definitely my cruise line of choice, but it will make me cruise it less now since my favorite ship is no longer accessible.

This has also mystified us as well. But there is one difference this time, The Mariner lovers out there that want a Voyager Class ship in PC are speaking out. We will eventually get another large ship in PC it is just a matter of what company will do it. In my choice order RCI with Liberty of the Seas (Mariner's crew transferred over) RCI any other ship (Legend of the Seas out of Dominican Republic works We do not see that as a profitable port) or any Radiance Class. Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity any other ship (M Class would work) Disney and Carnival rounds out the list.

With Mariner moving to the West Coast in Feb., 2009, we need to show support for RCCL keeping a Voyager or Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral. It is an easy and convenient port to depart from. PC also pulls pasengers from the south as well as from most parts of Florida. It is such an easy drive for so many folks.

Anyone who agrees with me, plesae post in support of Port C. RCCL reads these boards.

I agree completely!

I definitely think keeping a Voyager-class ship (don't think it matters which one) in Port Canaveral is a good business choice for Royal. LOADS of people are in my situation: Port Canaveral's a full day's drive for me, which is very do-able. I can't afford to cruise if it means airfare Xs four people.

So, for me and lots of other people, removing the "good ships" from Port Canaveral would mean no cruising.

I agree completely!

I definitely think keeping a Voyager-class ship (don't think it matters which one) in Port Canaveral is a good business choice for Royal. LOADS of people are in my situation: Port Canaveral's a full day's drive for me, which is very do-able. I can't afford to cruise if it means airfare Xs four people.

So, for me and lots of other people, removing the "good ships" from Port Canaveral would mean no cruising.

This is just what I told Adam Goldstein. But it seems that despite what is being said ("Port Canaveral is important to us") The actions to prove it are just not there. I'll never sail Mariner as long as she is in California for the same reason you posted here (Airfair). I can say that I have 4 ports within 4 hours drive Tampa (90) minutes Port Canaveral (about 2 hours) Port Everglades (3 Hours) and Miami (I'll never go to that place)3 1/2 to 4 (never been there) So cruising is going to be an option. PC is my favorite port and will remain so. Tampa can't handle a Larger ship (Skyway Bridge is to low for a Radiance or larger) Port Everglades was not bad if you like a shuttle bus ride from parking to the ship. In addition earlier in this thread someone posted that a crew member stated that Sovereign of the Seas is leaving PC as well. I am beginning to think something bad is in the water at RCI in Miami.

I am going to send out an email today too.

And, I think everyone who hasn't sent one, should do so, to just re-enforce what a loyal following Port Canaveral has.

Too all who email

Post the response here in this thread. If we get enough attention perhaps the sqeeky wheel will get some grease. Just as an example the response to my email is posted below....

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President

(305) 539 6082

I'm game for sending E-Mails. Where do I find Adam Goldstein's and Richard Fain's E-Mail address? I checked thru the RCI webbsite, even though I knew I wouldn't find it there.

Adam Goldstein AGoldstein@rccl.com

Richard Fain Rfain@rccl.com

This should get you started ok. Good luck and please post the responses in this Thread

Wow I cant believe they would totally abandon PC. I know the Enchantment has no cruises for sale yet, maybe they will move her here and do the Key West, Cozumel stuff from PC....Wow this would just be horrible is RCCL leaves PC.

i read a thread that said enchantment may come to nola? at some point- maybe the enchantment will become some what of a "floater" ship moving around here and there to fill in the gaps seasonally? :) going to pc and then nola and then ?

Archived