Elite Free Laundry

Bobed1927

Although I haven't achieved Elite status yet my ladyfriend has. I'd like to take advantage of her free laundry and dry cleaning benefit. Will there be any problem if I send things for cleaning under her name?

Although I haven't achieved Elite status yet my ladyfriend has. I'd like to take advantage of her free laundry and dry cleaning benefit. Will there be any problem if I send things for cleaning under her name?

Well, since you haven't made Elite Status, you actually are not entitled to this perk. Not sure if you are male or female, but if the opposite sex, you might run into a problem if this is something you aren't yet entitled to and it could possibly jepordize her status if she was caught. Just my thoughts.

On several of my Elite cruises when I have sent in laundry, the room steward has made it very clear that my husband could also clean his laundry, I was told it was "anyone in my cabin" on several occasions. I dont know how true this is, but that is what I have been told. One time it happened when I tried to seperate our laundry to pay for his cleaning, and it was all free when it came back.

Casey

On several of my Elite cruises when I have sent in laundry, the room steward has made it very clear that my husband could also clean his laundry, I was told it was "anyone in my cabin" on several occasions. I dont know how true this is, but that is what I have been told. One time it happened when I tried to seperate our laundry to pay for his cleaning, and it was all free when it came back.

Casey

Casey makes an excellent point. Once you board, just ask the cabin steward. That way you are up front about it. I think that is the best approach! :D

No problem.

The Cabin is designated "Elite".

This question has come up several times.

You can't eat the canapes, have your shoes polished, use the upgraded bathroom amenities, have afternoon tea, or use items from the bar set-up either, those are reserved exclusively for the "Elite" passenger.

Geesh....

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for your replies. Sorry that I didn't make it clear that we will be in the same cabin. I thought that that would be understood. I promise that I will not eat her canapes or drink her tea. I can't make that promise about the minibar. BTW, does the free minibar setup include hard liquor?

Thanks for your replies. Sorry that I didn't make it clear that we will be in the same cabin. I thought that that would be understood. I promise that I will not eat her canapes or drink her tea. I can't make that promise about the minibar. BTW, does the free minibar setup include hard liquor?

The Elite passenger should indicate a preference of bar set up on their Princess profile. Then, as oft times happens, if when you all board it is not set up correctly just ask the room steward to switch it out for whatever you want. No problem. Now just remember, no eating canapes or tea drinking....;)

The Elite passenger should indicate a preference of bar set up on their Princess profile. Then, as oft times happens, if when you all board it is not set up correctly just ask the room steward to switch it out for whatever you want. No problem. Now just remember, no eating canapes or tea drinking....;)

how many cruises do you need for elite status?

From Princess Website:

"Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time."

Is it on one formal night, all formal nights, or in practice any night?

/Sultan

From Princess Website:

"Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time."

Is it on one formal night, all formal nights, or in practice any night?

/Sultan

Sultan,

Only the Formal Nights, unless you are in a Full Suite.;)

Jot:)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BOFR: Largin, you beat me to it! :)

My next cruise will be my first being Elite, Can I get laundry done as much as i want? Or is it a one time only thing per cruise?..thanks!

Unlimited for Elite. Just make sure to check the 'EXPRESS' box or it could take 2-3 days to be returned. No extra charge for this and you get your clothes back either that evening (if turned in early enough), or the next day.

We always ask for the chocolate covered strawberries on formal nights. It's our opinion that the other canapes are inedible. BTW, I also exchange half the bar set up for bottled waters.

How would they know and how would they even try to enforce it.

I can see it now, the dirty clothes police says to you. You are busted. I found non-standard gender clothing in your bag. :)

yes.....here is what ours looked like...:)

DSC02558resized.jpg.d74b5546b4f60698bed538a086acae8f.jpg

Archived