WHich is better for wheelchair user - Royal, Celebrity, or Princess - Hawaii 2008

Eytbol8

Greetings All,

I'm a Power WC user. I had a wonderful cruise on Radiance OTS in Nov. '05. It's a beautiful VERY accessible ship. I have another cruise booked on the Radiance this Nov. & I'm planning a future cruise on a Radiance family ship to either Alaska or Hawii. I can't say enough about how well the ship staff treated me!

:)HAPPY CRUISING:)

Hi ORDPLATTA,

We sailed with a scooter on Infinity to Hawaii two years ago and had the deck 7 aft accessible cabin. The balcony was extremely deep and it's a bit of a walk to the elevators. If your mom has a scooter, she won't have any problems. It was a fantastic trip!

Thanks for the comments. We did an aft on Infinity last year (without mom) and it was a bit of a walk to the elevators (meaning I could justify the ice cream!). She's a scooter pro so I wasn't as concerned about the distance as much as trying to remember how wide the corridors were so we don't get blocked in by cleaning carts. The balcony was the clear selling point for us - lots of room and she can either be in or out of the sun.

- for several years we had a weekend house and acreage on the NJ side of the Delaware Water Gap near Blairstown. One of our favorite shopping trips was to Percy Brown's either in your city or Allentown to stock up on gourmet food. And there was a brewery there - long gone now - where we used to buy it by the case of returnable bottles. Sorry, the name has gone, and even "the memory" has failed me on that one. Also remember checking out the high water marks from the floods downtown. It has been at least 40years! Hugh:) and Leo:)

Hi Hugh........our kids went to camp in Blairstown eons ago........kids are 40 now..........loved the area...........

Also, thanks for all your travel tip and for sharing those experiences. I will check out the front seating for the show on our December trip.

Dee

Archived