When can you go on the Voyager in Barcelona?

We check out of hotel at 11:00am and the ship sales at 7:00pm. We want to go around Barcelona. We would like to go on the ship right away, give them out luggage, check in, get our boarding pass and go back out to Barcelona.

I would rather have the ship holding my luggage than the hotel.

Anyone know when we can board?

Brenda

Last year on the morning of the cruisewe did an early trip to La Sagrada Familia having left our bags with the hotel. I felt that they were completely safe. We hung around a bit because we thought we should not get there until 2 pm (I think that is the info RCCL gave). I was a bit miffed to find we could have got on to the ship much earlier, had a good look around/gone to have our lunch in the Windjammer and had bikinis in carry on to get into the pool.

Another time I would still go to La Sagrada, but would have got to the ship earlier. Don't forget if you are staying in Barcelona overnight you have lots of time to explore in the evening. Bed time is late in Spain.

• 4 weeks later...

Our RCCL transfer bus arrived from the airport before the check in desks opened - they opened at 10 - we checked in - all our bags we gave them at the airport were in our room when we returned to the ship at 5p - we took the port bus to the statue of columbus at the end of Las Ramblas and took the Bus Turistic to see an overview of the city and out to La Sagrada Familia.

The Bus map shows the time it takes to travel each stop. Bear in mind that traffic can be heavy and there can be long lines for the buses especially around the Plaza at the other end of Las Ramblas. We had great weather and enjoyed the open air bus.

We check out of hotel at 11:00am and the ship sales at 7:00pm. We want to go around Barcelona. We would like to go on the ship right away, give them out luggage, check in, get our boarding pass and go back out to Barcelona.

I would rather have the ship holding my luggage than the hotel.

Anyone know when we can board?

Brenda

On June 23, We got to the terminal around 10:30 AM, had no delay checking in with our setsail passes, and then had to wait at the escalators until 11:00 AM before they would let us on board. The rooms were not available until 1:00 PM (with the watertight doors leading to the corridors locked until then) so we ate at Windjammer and then hung out at the pool until 1.

Ron

Archived