Why Did Excursions Open On Gp 18 Sept Cruise And Then Stop?

Chivalrygirl

Can anybody advise us why Princess opened the excursions for the Grand Princess cruise 18 September, and now excursions are not available? I was trying to organise all our excursions while the NZD is strong and then purchase funds to cover these bookings. So am finding the unavailability slightly annoying. I was only half way through researching and selecting. The 4 excursions already booked are showing in our cruise personaliser.

Val

Can anybody advise us why Princess opened the excursions for the Grand Princess cruise 18 September, and now excursions are not available? I was trying to organise all our excursions while the NZD is strong and then purchase funds to cover these bookings. So am finding the unavailability slightly annoying. I was only half way through researching and selecting. The 4 excursions already booked are showing in our cruise personaliser.

Val

Hi Val - we ordered all our excursions this past weekend, and were able to get everything confirmed. When I saw this post, however, I went into my cruise personalizer, and lo and behold, no excursions available! I find it difficult to believe that the tours would be sold out already. If you find out what's up, please let us know. Sam

They did this to us once. Opened the excursions too early, so when we checked, what we had booked had disappeared. I would keep checking back everyday for them to open up again. Probably a mistake opening up September excursions this soon.

Still not back, I tried calling Sydney, but they knew nothing, the excursions are not booked out yet was all they could tell me. I can't ring Princess in the States, last time I tried that and got no satisfaction either it cost me $25, that is beyond a joke.

Maybe I might just hassle Sydney again. The girl offered to see if she could book the excursions but I still have no idea what time they are, we were looking for early morning trips.

My apologies if things work differently with non-N.Am. bookings, but booked excursions are not charged until you are on the ship itself. It really doesn't matter what the strength of foreign currencies vs. the dollar might be today, since you won't be charged for several months.

My apologies if things work differently with non-N.Am. bookings, but booked excursions are not charged until you are on the ship itself. It really doesn't matter what the strength of foreign currencies vs. the dollar might be today, since you won't be charged for several months.

No its all about trying to beat the exchange rate debacle. Our dollar has been all over the place, last year we got very badly burnt after we booked a cruise on HAL. This year our dollar is quite strong, well like we only lose about .27cents for each dollar, so we try and buy USD as we work out costs for various things rather than take the risk that our dollar might have the bottom taken out of it again.

Archived