Be Honest!!!!!!

Roz, have you tried any of the newer Carnival ships? Just a question...

when you go on the cheaper, shorter cruises, there is going to be a different crowd, perhaps different attitudes from staff (though I have had GREAT service on older and newer ships!!!!)... it's a completely different experience... I would guess that on nearly any cruise line, the shorter, cheaper cruises aren't going to get the same glowing reviews as the newer longer cruises... You chose an older ship, during a time when many schools were out... try a newer ship, when school is in... I think you will find a completely different experience... no lie :p

Has anyone checked the prices on this cruise? This is not a cheap 3 or 4 day cruise. This was a 6 day cruise and it is not that cheap. Also school was and is still in session in Calif. So am I missing something:confused:

Has anyone checked the prices on this cruise? This is not a cheap 3 or 4 day cruise. This was a 6 day cruise and it is not that cheap. Also school was and is still in session in Calif. So am I missing something:confused:

i don't get the whole "cheap cruise" thing either. i paid nearly double for my 5 nt 2006 fantasy cruise with 5 of us in one OV stateroom (not even a cat 12 balcony), then i did for our 6 nt liberty cruise (newer ship, longer itinerary), w/ 2 cabins, one of which is a balcony.

No, you are not missing anything... I was lumping them all in together... I should have also slipped in there "any week there is a holiday", like there was last week... ANY week there is a holiday, there are more kids... I believe there were 2 threads in the last month where parents were asking about taking their kids out of school at the end of May... BIG time for family holidays... we had one as well with our CC family :D

No, you are not missing anything... I was lumping them all in together... I should have also slipped in there "any week there is a holiday", like there was last week... ANY week there is a holiday, there are more kids... I believe there were 2 threads in the last month where parents were asking about taking their kids out of school at the end of May... BIG time for family holidays... we had one as well with our CC family :D

Oh I'm sure the holiday had alot to do with it. There was another review on the Paradise over Memorial day, pretty much the same experience. Except with big kids:eek:

Lucy: I know there are places to find lists of the various/newer Carnival cruise ships......but, if you have a favorite one that leaves out of L.A./Long Beach (7 days or more), could you please recommend one to me. :)

Go for the Pride!! The Spirit Class ships are VERY nice and rank as the favorite class for most CC members (although I personally prefer Conquest)... the Pride consistently ranks as one of the favorite ships by CC members... I don't think you can go wrong!!!! I think you will find a big difference with the Spirit class ships... personally, I LOVE the Fantasy class ships (I love them all!! LOL!!), but the Spirit class tends to be a little more subdued... Give it a shot!!!!!

Lucy: I know there are places to find lists of the various/newer Carnival cruise ships......but, if you have a favorite one that leaves out of L.A./Long Beach (7 days or more), could you please recommend one to me. :)

I will highly reccomend the Spirit out of San Diego. :) They have a 7 and 8 day sailing....

Oh I'm sure the holiday had alot to do with it. There was another review on the Paradise over Memorial day, pretty much the same experience. Except with big kids:eek:

LOL, yeah... you wouldn't see me cruising over Memorial Day! Or Labor Day!! Or any holiday! I did it ONCE... 4th of July, first cruise... learned a valuable lesson!!! :eek:

i don't get the whole "cheap cruise" thing either. i paid nearly double for my 5 nt 2006 fantasy cruise with 5 of us in one OV stateroom (not even a cat 12 balcony), then i did for our 6 nt liberty cruise (newer ship, longer itinerary), w/ 2 cabins, one of which is a balcony.

I agree. We did a little better then you. We are not paying double, but we are paying the same price for 5 day oceanview on the Elation for this August as we did for 6 day liberty balcony:eek:

ELATION IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAID........(I've tried to enter this twice and each time, I got the "white screen!")

When giving a review of a ship please, please be HONEST!!!!!!!

• Riviera Deck (rear) had such a horrible smell (sewer) we didn't order room service...it was too disgusting!!!:eek:
  • The teenagers were so out of control...a criminal investigation is going on, in San Diego (as I write this!) One child was held in an elevator, against his will, another was beaten-up! This gang of "thugs" ran up and down stairs and hallways for days!
  • The information desk could not produce the "Hotel Manager" for 3 days!
  • The public restrooms have no seat covers; and, to dry your hands you must use blow dryers; and, the toilets are so badly stained it looks as if you must flush them but to no avail; they just look dirty!!!!
  • Our stateroom was soooooo worn out! The toilet seat needed a paint job; the drawers could have used one too! Strictly a maintenance issue!
  • Our room steward and dining room servers were a joy and tried in everyway to make our cruise a pleasant one!!!!!!
  • The food in the Lido (Buffet) was so boring; both in taste and display. As was the food in the dining room.:o
  • The dress code...."What dress code?" Was rarely followed! It was shameful and embarassing! Swim suits/bathrobes/flip flops/bluejeans, etc., etc.
  • The crew, at times was down right rude! I know these folks work very hard; well, so do I and I'm still expected to use my manners! Walking into and in front of guests is "rude!":mad:
  • Cookies and cakes are terrible anywhere on this ship except in the Piano Bar and there you will have to PAY FOR THEM!!!!!!!!:cool:
  • "Red team....Blue team!" WHY??????????
  • The shows and entertainers were great! This is where Carnival shines!:)
  • The photographers were everywhere! And, tried to be very helpful!
  • We met some wonderful new friends.........
  • Disembarkation was a nightmare!!!!!!
  • Would I ever cruise on this ship again? NEVER!!!!!
  • I am aware that some things are very subjective.......most are not!
  • I can't wait for our September cruise on Princess!!!!

Sorry to hear about that.. i've switched to Princess and i like what i've read on and off CC.

Hopefully your experience with Princess (as well as mine) will be an enjoyable one.

And what's that suppose to mean:confused:

Dale Carnegie was one of the original self help gurus back in the 1930's. The book is a reference of how to bring people to your way of thinking. Opening the thread by shooting a cannon wasn't IMO the best thing to do. Just a suggestion.

I NEVER read anywhere about the wear and tear and dirty looking toilets in the public areas!

Sorry if this is off topic, but do people really use the toilets in the public areas of the ship? I can't speak for women, but in cases where one needs to "sit down" :o , I would think a short walk to your cabin would be in order.

Just a random thought.

You know, since you are relatively new here I will cut you some slack. People who know me here know my posts are pretty much tongue in cheek responses.

The OP was accusing us of outright LYING. The OP did NOT say "Oh I have to disagree with your reviews"...nope, the OP just said you all lied to me.

We all talk about prices of cruises...it what we do HERE. In polite society I don't walk around saying how much I paid for our vacations because most people would think we are crazy. The people here relate to our experiences.

And there is no "allegedly paid" about it. My life is an open book. My cruise pictures are all over CC.

And to answer why would I do a "lowly steerage room"...because it was three weeks till the cruise and it was one of the last cabins left. I had some free time and I took off with the kids.

And THAT was my point. A cruise is what you make of it. I didn't expect the Elation to be the same as RCCL Freedom based on price alone...but it's NOT the price you pay for something...it's the attitude you bring on the cruise.

The OP didn't need to love the cruise...I could frankly care less. But don't come back to CC and call us liars.

While I appreciate your willingness to "cut me some slack," I assure you it is not necessary. I will simply reiterate my previous statement: Bragging about how much you pay for something is vulgar. It really is as simple as that. There are no exceptions.

Perhaps the OP could have worded his post differently, but to a large extent, your opinions and expectations and standards are based on what you are accustomed to in your everyday life. Based on what the OP said, I know I would not have enjoyed that cruise, but I am glad you had a good time on yours. Happy cruising.:)

Sorry if this is off topic, but do people really use the toilets in the public areas of the ship? I can't speak for women, but in cases where one needs to "sit down" :o , I would think a short walk to your cabin would be in order.

Just a random thought.

On the Liberty, going from my Lido forward cabin to the Silver Olympian was easily 5-8 minutes in travel time.

Just a random thought.

LMAO! Short walk??? No, going back to the cabin is not always convenient... I haven't "sat" on a toilet seat in more than 20 years, but that isn't necessary to do... as a woman, we learn the fine art of "hovering"... I guess in some cases, a walk back to the cabin would be the wise thing to do ;), but to pee?

Old ships, new ships, red ships, blue ships, ships with no toilet paper, ships that smell funky, ships that have boring buffets, ships that have kids running running amok:

Being a retired cross-country truck driver for over 10 years, there's NOTHING that I haven't seen that wouldn't turn the average "cruiser's" stomach! Yuk! :p

But......I've only got 45 days left before my maiden voyage, and you know what???? I say "BRING IT ON BABY"!

Ain't no such stuff gonna ruin my time! :D :) ;)

(just my .02 worth)

Bragging about how much you pay for something is vulgar. It really is as simple as that. There are no exceptions.

You can call it "vulgar" but what do you call it when you put someone down because of where they shop? Could THAT be bragging? :eek: Nooooo it couldn't be now could it. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm...a post from you....

Posted by CARIBBEANBLUESKY

We seem to be two peas in a pod, Chigirl. I wear suits, dresses, skirts/blouses every day for work, and my clothes are very comfortable. Of course, I don't get them from Wal-Mart.

nucrewzers: You have the right attitude.....have a wonderful cruise.....enjoy the anticipation.....it's so much fun!!!!!!

I promise you....I'll forget all the "bad stuff" and when the next cruise is in my sights.....and I get my doc's, either in the mail or by e-doc......I'll be doing the "doc-dance"....like no one else can!!!!!

And to some of you......get off your "high horse" and come down to earth.......so what if I'm opionated and "say-it-like-it-is"...we can still be friends!

I can foo-foo drink with the best you.....NO LIE!!!!!!!!

Old ships, new ships, red ships, blue ships, ships with no toilet paper, ships that smell funky, ships that have boring buffets, ships that have kids running running amok:

Being a retired cross-country truck driver for over 10 years, there's NOTHING that I haven't seen that wouldn't turn the average "cruiser's" stomach! Yuk! :p

But......I've only got 45 days left before my maiden voyage, and you know what???? I say "BRING IT ON BABY"!

Ain't no such stuff gonna ruin my time! :D :) ;)

(just my .02 worth)

Any chance of getting you to move one of those countdown clocks down a smidge?? It really does a number to the page :o Perhaps put two on one line and one on the other??? WOuld be a big help! THanks!!!

Wait, you have 3 countdown clocks for ONE cruise?????

Archived