Mediterranean Sea in September

We are looking into a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity for mid-September 2008 which starts and ends in Rome.

My husband said it is typically very windy at this time of year and we want to know if the water is rough. I wouldn't want to go on our 10 year anniversary trip and get sick! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:) Thanks :) ... Katie

Kate...We sailed in the Med September 2006..Our weather was spectacular..80 daytime..around 70 @ night..I took a sweater but never needed it..The sea was calm to light waves..We had rain our last Port of Call for 1 hour in pm..otherwise it was sunny/partly sunny..I enjoyed it so much will be returning this fall..Emerald Princess Sept 26-Oct 8..Hoping for the same weather...sunny/warm/no humidity/not as crowded..While I am not an expert on Med weather..I found September to be quite enjoyable...Good Luck...

Carol

We have sailed the Mediterranean in September and October and the weather and seas were wonderful and the ports were less crowded than the hot/humid months of the summer. It's a great time to visit the Mediterranean. Likewise, April is another great month to cruise this area.

Keith

Thank you both for your input which really puts my mind at ease! I think we'll be booking Celebrity Quest for September '08 when we take the Xpedition in a few days ... Now I'm really excited!!!

Have a great day ... if anyone else has additional input, I'd love to hear it!

:) Katie

Hi Katie, we are already booked for Quest mid Spet 08. sounds a great itinerary.

We always sail the med in Sept. Have never had a problem. My DH likes to practise being a dead fly on deck sunbathing & I like to go exploring so we get the best of both. Not too-o-o-o hot to explore but hot enough to tan. Wont be quite as hot as Greece/turkey but should be nice.

Jealous about Xperdition. I want to do that in 09 but DH worries about changing planes to get to Quito...:rolleyes:

Have a great time

Joandbun ... we're looking at booking the Sept. 13 sail date which is 14 nights - best of Italy. When I called X they have plenty of sky suites still available and we may book while on board the Xpedition. As far as changing planes in Quito ... we took the 10 day package that X offers and they have everything down to a science...that's why we like X so much! If you want info on the GI's when we get back, let me know and I'll tell all!

:) Thanks for your input ... Katie

Hi Katie - yes this is the one we've booked. A 1A cabin. Some places we already know but it looks interseting & a new ship, something different & we like the X product. Sept in the MEd is a beautiful time of year.

We live in tje UK so its the change of planes getting to Quito which DH is worried about. For goodness sake he's travelled all over the world in his working life but feels this one is too much so any feedback on the wonders of the GI would be much apprecicated . I need to work on him some more Tell me all...:D ;) this is my email joanna@fineminster.com

regds

jo

Archived