NCL Air to Hawaii-questions, changes.

judyf

I thought I would post here and see if someone here can help me.

I just booked last week the 10/29 sailing on the POH to Hawaii with airfare included from NY for a good price. It was through a promotion e-mailed to me. I booked it quick so as not to miss out on the great price.

Now this is a Monday sailing and of course now that we are all booked and confirmed were thinking we should fly out on the Sat. before so we are there.

My questions:

1) Has anyone done a change in airfare? What are the fees? Any idea of the price difference? I called cc today but they haven't called back yet so thought I would check with all of you while I wait till they open tomorrow. We're trying to get an idea how much this change in a few days will cost us.

2) Anybody have a hit or tips of what NCL might give us if we don't change? What airline? Idea of times they give from NY area? We're flying from Newark.

3) What are the do not miss things in Honolulu? If we stay with NCL booking our air we're thinking we will not have any time before or after the cruise to visit the area around the port. Not to mention we will be tried after that long flight.

I appreciate any input, any ideas?????

Thanks

Judy

I had to reread your post.

As far as flight times go, usually NCL will get you into Hawaii by 3:30/4:00 p.m. I would strongly recommend you consider a post package, as usually the flights coming back are redeyes. If possible, you may want to do a pre-night too so you get on the ship fully rested.

I did the same thing you're trying to do. I booked the air and cruise. Then a couple of days later I wanted to add the hotel stay for 2 nights. What changed my mind was the realization that you spend NO time on Oahu. Just fly in and fly out. I had no problems adding the hotel. That may be because I did it through NCL. Anyway, I was told the flights were not ticketed until about 3 weeks out. I would think you have plenty of time to add a hotel without a change fee. BUT - if you wanted to cancel your air and get your own - there would definitely be a charge.

Thanks!!!

That's exactly what we ended up thinking. There might be no time at all in Oahu. Plus I want to be rested before we sail.

I checked rooms, no problem there, just seems to be a problem with my TA to change the air from Mon. to Sat. I'm checking into to it more today.

Archived