I'm so excited!! I can't believe it!!

I just had to post as I got some great news from our TA! We were originally booked in the same category D2 balcony cabin for our back to back cruise on the Mariner in October of 2008. It will be our first cruise on the Voyager class. Well after researching on cruise critic about the standard balcony cabins and junior suites, I decided to inquire today about seeing if there were any junior suites available for both cruises (we want the same cabin for both). My TA just emailed me and said that she has a suite no. 9618 on hold for us if we wanted it for both cruises. Well lo and behold, I looked at the deck plans and it is a center hump!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Of course, I said .......... guess what I said??? I said "WE'LL TAKE IT!!!!" of course! :D

So for those that have been fortunate to have this cabin or any center hump cabin what do I have to look forward to?? Also, what do I have to look forward to with a junior suite? We've never had anything larger than a standard balcony -- mostly with Princess.

A JS is the size of a hotel room--lots of walking space, a large walk-in closet and the bath is larger, due to the tub! You will LOVE it! And being on the hump makes everything so convenient! The stairs and elevators are just around the corner! (No--there is no noise!!!) Congrats!!!

Compared to Princess' balcony cabins, you'll be amazed at the WIDTH of the Cat. JS. I'll never forget how shocked I was when I walked into our mini-suite on Princess and saw how narrow the cabin was!! :eek:

The Cat. JS is SO much more comfortable. You can move around easily and you don't have to wait until one person has walked by the bed before you can move toward the bathroom. The walk-in closet is very nice too. Congrats! :)

Sailed on Navigator in March of this year and we had JS 9318. I would LOVE to have that room again.

It is sooo spacious and the closet space...wow...

You could see front to back of the ship from the balcony...and of course...the big beautiful ocean!

We are booked for March 08 and unfortunately, all the JS on the hump are gone...but you can be sure we are keeping our eyes open for one to become available!

Enjoy! ( I am soooo n-v-us);)

Lorna

Archived