Price Drop after Final Payment?

What happens when the price of a cruise drops after final payment? We're cruising in July, and I check the pricing daily. I called my TA and she informed me that after final payment, no credit is due. I asked her to double check. Is she right?

If you booked directly thru RCL they do give you a OBC at times, if its not a happy hour, new bookings only, instead of credit back to your credit card.

However, if you booked thru a TA, its up to the TAs policies if they want to fight for a OBC credit for you. Did you discuss this before you booked what their policies were? Some are better than others about getting credit after final payment (or even before). You would think they would just so they can get your repeat business?

Usually they would prefer to upgrade you or get you a OBC rather than a price reduction so they dont have to give back part of the commission. You could ask to speak to a supervisor if you think the TA just doesnt want to do it.

There really is no clear cut answer here. Depends on the price drop..usually this close to sailings, any price drops will not be applicable to existing bookings. Sr Discounts etc are different though...I have had RCCL refund after final payment for certain price reductions.

I sailed Sovereign last October and 1 week after final payment the price went down. I called RCCL (booked directly with them) and they said it was no problem and credited my cc $40. The other 10 people sailing with us also called and got the reduction. I'm not sure if you booking through a TA would make a difference, but I guess it depends on the TA.

Good Luck!

We had already made final payment for our July 7th SOS sailing and a resident special came on that saved us $1040 [$520 per person] a week ago

Phoned RCCL and they told us to have TA phone .After we got in touch with TA her office had no problenm getting it for us.

Good Luck!

On our last cruise, we received 3 total price drops, with the last one coming about 5 days before our sail date. We book directly with RCI, and they placed a refund back on my credit card.

Since you are using a TA, you may not have many options.

wow does that happen regularly? I had thought the price increases closer to the cruise date. we did get a credit on disney due to a great fla resident rate that came out about 60 days prior but I didnt think RCCL did that many fla resident deals..

wow does that happen regularly? I had thought the price increases closer to the cruise date. we did get a credit on disney due to a great fla resident rate that came out about 60 days prior but I didnt think RCCL did that many fla resident deals..

It depends on how the ship is selling, etc. It is always worth checking, however. :)

Archived