Library questions

luckygirl59

Sorry if this has been beaten to death before. What kind of selection/variety is there in the library? :confused: I can imagine few things worse than not having something to read, but I hate to carry heavy books when traveling. Is there a good selection of fiction? Does it cost anything?

We sail on Friday! Thanks for your help. This board has done a lot to educate me for my first cruise.

There is a fairly good selection and no charge for checking out books. However, I've never checked out any. We take several smaller paperbacks instead. That way I have something to read on the plane to and from the port and at the hotel in addition to being sure I have something I'll enjoy on the ship.

Selection may vary from ship to ship, but I have found the libraries on most HAL ships to be quite good. There is usually a good selection; better than on most other cruise lines in my opinion.

There is also a section where you can leave books you have read and pick up books others have left. This is in addition to those you may check out.

I think HAL does a good job with their libraries.

Since HAL put in the Exploration's Cafe, the library is quite large and lots of variety. It doesn't cost anything to take out a book. They will ask for your cabin number. Should you not return any books by a certain time near the end of the cruise, then you will be charged.

And like said -- get there as soon as possible once you are on the ship.

Varies from ship to ship. Pickings can be slim! To us there's nothing worse than having nothing to read while on board or in flight.

We each take at least 2 paperbacks with us (depends on cruise length) - we read on the flight and on board, trade books and assuming we've each read them all, leave them on board for others.

Usually we end up buying one each for the return airport sit around time and the flight. Those find their way to our Condo (free) library......cheap reading for at home time;)

Archived