How to prearrange a cake for sister's anniversary?

EdJS

I'll be going on the Diamond Princess to Alaska in a few weeks with much of my extended family -- my wife, both my parents, my sister, her husband and her daughter. The sixth night of the cruise happens to be my sister's and her husband's 20th wedding anniversary. I'd like to do something a little special for them at dinner that night, such as having a cake brought to the table. We signed up for Anytime Dining, by the way.

What's the best way to arrange this? Thanks.

I'll be going on the Diamond Princess to Alaska in a few weeks with much of my extended family -- my wife, both my parents, my sister, her husband and her daughter. The sixth night of the cruise happens to be my sister's and her husband's 20th wedding anniversary. I'd like to do something a little special for them at dinner that night, such as having a cake brought to the table. We signed up for Anytime Dining, by the way.

What's the best way to arrange this? Thanks.

Probably talk to the mater'd. I bleieve they probably have a stock of small cakes and they can bring them out with only a little notice. It also wanted hurt to have tour TA mention it.

We were on the 5/21 Crown Pricess cruise. We mentioned in our Cruise Personalizer that it was our anniversary on a certain date. On that day on our cruise, we woke up to balloons decorating our door and a coupon in our mailbox that we were supposed to present at dinner that night. We had chosen to eat in one of the specialty restaurants that night so we presented the coupon when we arrived. After our meal, the waiter brought us a special chocolate dessert with a card signed by the captain wishing us a Happy Anniversary.

Now, all of this was a nice idea but the cake wasn't presented to us until AFTER we'd already had dessert which made little sense. :confused: We ended up taking it back to our room and putting it in the fridge and we never did eat it.

Archived