Onboard booking credit for RCI

skandls

Can I book 'Next Cruise OBC' for Royal Caribbean on a Celebrity ship? We are on the Connie this July but not scheduled for the Freedom until Dec. I would like to book a RCCL cruise within the next couple of months - but I also want my $ perks.

You can book a RCL cruise on Celebrity but not by using the Next Cruise option. You have to book an actual cruise and pay the appropriate deposit.

We tried to use the Next Cruise option a month ago while on the Millennium but the Cruise Consultant checked and advised us it was not available. Celebrity has their own version of NextCruise called Passages and it is only for future cruises on a Celebrity ship.

We were waiting for the new 2009 South America itineraries to come out so what we did was book a 4 day Monarch of the Seas cruise while on the Millennium. About 2 weeks later, when the new itineraries came out we called our TA, transferred the booking to the SA cruise , paid the additional deposit and they increased our OBC to the amount for a 14 day cruise.

We have been thinking about booking a RCCL cruise for the Caribbean in November 2008 while on Infinity in 10 days time (X have no ships doing 7 day cruises then!). Does this mean that we cannot do this? Being in the UK we cannot transfer out of a cruise once it is booked as the deposit is non-refundable.

Cinnamon

Archived