Worst dressed person?

babylene

[quote name='FinelyCruising']I am guessing most swimsuits worn by passengers don't get 'washed' unless the wearer is in the pool :eek:[/quote]

I apologize, as I had misunderstood your original post to indicate that you would rather see women wear a variety of swimsuits during the cruise, as the post was about the "worst dressed." What you were attempting to say (that swimsuits do not get washed) never once occurred to me.:eek:

BTW, I always wash mine after each use. :D

Donald.

[quote name='Captain Jake'][SIZE=3]A teenager was standing in line at supper with his pants hanging half way down his butt on the Century.When we were leaving he was seated at a nearby table-BT[/SIZE][/quote]

I know the look...it's all good as long as his 'brands' were showing....I hope, I hope, I hope....;)

[quote name='operafan']Oh! I've got another one........Millie Med, 2006. 350 lb woman in a string bikini everyday. She had a complete wardrobe of these. Not only that, she complained about EVERYTHING. Loudly. Didn't like the people on the cruise. Didn't like the cruise. Didn't like the cruise line. etc............[/quote]

But, is it safe to assume she enjoyed the food:D :D

Try this one.

A man sitting at the formal night dinner table with a t-shirt on to look like a tuxedo shirt, a baseball cap that says " sh _ _ happens" in script on the front of the hat and about 5 days worth of hair growth on his face. looked like a homeless street person. Ironically his wife was all dressed up in a fancy gown. He wore the hat throughout the 10 day cruise. He sure garnered some dirty looks and compalints to the maitre de with no response from him but a shrug of the shoulders.

about the worst I have seen on any cruise.

[quote name='Blazerboy']

-Others still have various issues...lack of extra money, cultural differences, or [B]infirmities[/B] that don't allow them to dress as "we" think they should.

Andrew[/quote]

Thanks for bringing this up! My DH does dress appropriately for dinner, but during the day, even when it's cold outside, he wears shorts, because to wear long pants aggrevates his MS (multiple sclerosis) and he is miserable. The comments and glares he recieves are unbelievably rude! Probably from the same people who think they are the fashion police. So, it is nice to see someone have a little compassion.

At an adjacent table in the main dining room a family, parents and three kids, wore jeans every night. For the formal nights they wore the jeans with denim jackets. The teens ate with the earbuds from their iPods firmly entrenched in their ears. I don't know what annoyed me more, that families lack of respect for the posted rules or Celebrity's lack of backbone in the enforcement category. After a few nights it became comical. The cruise was still great!

Kathleen...hush!:o (thanks!)

Crocs are great, wouldn't think twice about them at the pool, on a shore expedition that involves water, etc. Elsewhere, I always think of someone just in from the garden....:D Not the look I try for on a cruise ship...but, of course, I [I][U]have[/U][/I] to justify the fifty pair of shoes I have somehow....No, some like 'em, some don't. I just wouldn't expect to see many in the evening, no matter the dress code. But unless it was a formal or informal night, not sure I'd actually take much notice.

BTW, mine were lemon yellow, and my S.O. made me give them up after our kayaking shore excursion. Being involved with a former shoe buyer has it's upside and downside!:rolleyes:

Andrew

[quote name='NorCalCruiseGuy']Perhaps we should all look in the mirror before responding to this question.[/QUOTE]
Totaly agree....as if there is not enough other beautiful things to pay attention to on a cruise ship ! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some folks really don't care what others think about how they look or dress..

[QUOTE]Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some folks really don't care what others think about how they look or dress..[/QUOTE] See, [B][U]THAT'[/U][/B]s the problem...we're just not [B][I]beholding[/I][/B] that much [U][I]beauty[/I][/U]!!!!:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Yup, we all need to be nicer, look in the mirror, etc, but we also need to laugh at life's foibles...at ourselves...and, yes, sometimes, discreetly, at others...

First to admit I'm not perfect, despite what my mother might tell you.....

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm beginning to understand why some posters get so angry about others' clothing choices. Thankfully, we've never been subjected to anyone at or near our table presenting as dirty, sloppy or crude.
I've been on only 2 Celebrity cruises and I can't, for the life of me, remember anyone poorly or weirdly dressed, on any occasion.
I guess I just haven't cruised enough to come across someone in a truly annoying get-up.
I'd also like to respectfully point out that simply observing a person in the same outfit more than one time does not preclude that the outfit has been thoroughly laundered between wearings. I, like many others I'm sure, never wear anything more than once without subjecting the item to a full laundering between wearings.

On a light note, I've been trying to imagine an outfit that is the combination of all the outfits that have been complained about on this thread. :D So far, it's been an atomic lime green, sequined thong on a grossly obese person with head-to-toe tatoos and glow-in-the-dark purpley-red hair, a baseball cap with a provocative saying imprinted on it, and a "cover-up" of a T-shirt printed to look like a tuxedo jacket.

Can anyone top the above image? LOL

Susan

[I]On a light note, I've been trying to imagine an outfit that is the combination of all the outfits that have been complained about on this thread. :D So far, it's been an atomic lime green, sequined thong on a grossly obese person with head-to-toe tatoos and glow-in-the-dark purpley-red hair, a baseball cap with a provocative saying imprinted on it, and a "cover-up" of a T-shirt printed to look like a tuxedo jacket.[/I]

[I]Can anyone top the above image? LOL[/I]

[I]Susan...................[/I]

[B]......wearing crocs!!!;) [/B]

[quote name='Beach Nut']On a light note, I've been trying to imagine an outfit that is the combination of all the outfits that have been complained about on this thread. :D So far, it's been an atomic lime green, sequined thong on a grossly obese person with head-to-toe tatoos and glow-in-the-dark purpley-red hair, a baseball cap with a provocative saying imprinted on it, and a "cover-up" of a T-shirt printed to look like a tuxedo jacket.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=Red]LOL!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] I love your sense of humour, Susan!

Donald.

Well at least we know we are dressed well.

OK, I have to say that if every single person on the ship was dressed correctly... both with style and class, those of us that are dressed pretty well , wouldn't have a point of comparison to make sure we are dressed welll.

Somebody early on in this thread mentioneda tall blonde in a cream satin dress ....Are you sure it wasn't a short blonde in a gold satin dress???

I have decided that on Formal night, I am a thourough bread with blinders on.... I make sure I am dressed correctly (as well as my kids and DH) But everyoen else, ... well while they might be entertaining, they don't effect my cruise enjoyment for even one nano second.

I think other than just plain crass, the way one dresses is to eaches own. I know I wear things I like and are not my wife's favorite and vis ersa. I know that however some one else dresses has nothing to do with the enjoyment of my cruise, in some cases it actually adds to the amusement of the day.

We try to dress age and type of cruise appropriate and leave it at that. some of us have health isues that may need special or different dress and it is not for us to judge their mode of dress.

just one couples opinion after 25 cruises.

[quote name='british betty']ermmm...what's wrong with crocs???:([/QUOTE]

Oh, I know that people who wear them will gleefully explain that they're insanely comfortable and not unlike puppies for your feet, but to to my eyes these people still look like this:

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7855/clownshoessp3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

They're even worse than wearing socks with sandals. Ugh.

On a five night Century cruise last Jan. the table next to us was filled w/ older teens/young twentysomethings. I thought the ragged torn jeans w/ faded t- shirt on formal night were a new low until he showed up on "informal" night in pajama bottoms.:eek: The staff said nothing despite numerous comments. I'm all for comfort but these guys were way over the top.
Their parents were at the next table over.

[QUOTE]I'd also like to respectfully point out that simply observing a person in the same outfit more than one time does not preclude that the outfit has been thoroughly laundered between wearings.[/QUOTE]EEEK, I hope so, or some people are going to be giving ME some funny looks on our next cruise....I'm planning on packing light, and letting the laundry make some money.:)

British Betty, you can wear your crocs with me anytime.....do they come in a formal version in a low heel with sparkly keepers?:D

To me it seems that there are two things going on here...

1. the discussion of the outlandish/different/not my taste outfits...sorry, Betty, but that seems to include Crocs for some....:o Bad polyester outfits, outlandish colors (like some of my ties!) Too low cut for me, too high cut for me, fashion from another decade/century...whatever.

2. the discussion of clothing that does not meet the suggestions/requirements/rules/spirit of the dress code.

In light of the above two items, it seems I have four reactions on a ship:

1.You are dressed nicely, and I compliment you on something you are wearing.

2. If your suit is inexpensive, and you don't look like a runway model, or you have to wear orthopedic shoes, or the arthritis prevents you from tying a bow tie, but you've dressed as best you are able...no problem at all.

3. If it's a formal night, and you show up in shorts, a tee shirt, or jeans, and wear a Mets cap- [B]you're a pig:eek: ,[/B] unless they've lost your luggage...and even then, you could get a few things that were more appropriate, or borrow them from friends.

4. If you show up in a pressed pair of khaki's, a dress shirt, no tie, and with or without jacket, while I'm going to assume your wardrobe and your sense of fashion are limited, I'm not likely to say anthing, and might even enjoy your company, too. (I'm such a magnanimous guy!;) ) It would be nice if you made the effort, but I'm not going to make you walk the plank.

O.k., so calling someone a pig is not likely to win friends, or win this argument....but I'd venture to say that my reaction is just about the norm for cruisers....Not too much fashion policing going on that you have to worry about whether you're stylish enough for Celebrity. Not a lot of worry about the cost of your clothes. Some lattitude from other passengers about what you wear, and seeminly, quite a bit from the cruise line.

So, in summary:

1. If you truly don't care what people think, and it's your vacation, so the rest be darned...then you [B][U][I]also[/I][/U][/B] have to stop caring what's posted here.

2. If it matters SO much what others are wearing, I'd advise some sedatives if it's going to impact your cruise in a serious way. Even on Cunard and Crystal, I've seen plenty of doozies in both categories 1 and 2 at the beginning of this post.

3. If you're going to be forgiving/understanding of all cultures/ethnicities/customs/financial circumstances/heath issues/etc., don't forget to be understanding of those for whom fashion and care in their appearance is an issue. We were all raised with our own sense of right and wrong, and it's pretty ingrained. Polo shirts may not seem like a major transgression to you, but I was taught that a gentleman NEVER dines in his shirtsleeves at dinner, let alone in clothing that was intended for athetics!( See how much I've relaxed!??!?!?!?!)

4. Deep breath, relax, laugh....(this is propbably the most important part of my long winded post! If all you do is obey this one point, you're 100 times more likely to have the cruise you want.

Cheers,

Andrew

[COLOR=magenta]Andrew,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff00ff]What about all of the pigs onboard who are [I]properly dressed [/I]on formal nights?;) [/COLOR]
[IMG]http://www.sekimori.com/misc/tux_pig.gif[/IMG]

Archived