Ok I am confused on Balcony Cabins on Mariner-need help

We booked yesterday for the first cruise out of LA. I got a corner aft D1 with the inside across the hall for my kids on deck 9.

Now some are saying that is too far back and that a hump would be better and some are saying that that cabin has too much sun and moved to deck 7 aft corner.

We are traveling with too kids ages 6 and 16 at the time. It will be our 2nd time on the Mariner, but we don't sail the first time til Sept.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know nothing about what is the "best (I know this is subjective)" if you could chose.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I want to make this really special for my family since we only have an inside in Sept (but we do have 4 ports)

There is nothing wrong with your choice of cabins. Everyone has their favorites. Some like the "hump" cabins. Some like rear facing cabins. Cabins 1388 and 1688 (on deck 10) are highly prized. There is no "best" cabin.

It is not important what others like or don't like. If you are happy with your choice that is all that matters. You have made a very good choice. Now don't worry about it and enjoy your cruise.

As long as you are on the cruise any cabin is a good one! Cabins are subjective and you won"t know which one is best for you and your family until you try it out. Good luck and happy cruising!:)

Since you were able to get a cabin across the hall for the kids, keep what you have! There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! A corner aft is coveted by those who like aft cabins! Yes, humps are convenient, but you will have a great cruise in the cabins you booked! Have fun!

There is nothing wrong with your choice of cabins. Everyone has their favorites. Some like the "hump" cabins. Some like rear facing cabins. Cabins 1388 and 1688 (on deck 10) are highly prized. There is no "best" cabin.

It is not important what others like or don't like. If you are happy with your choice that is all that matters. You have made a very good choice. Now don't worry about it and enjoy your cruise.

Why are cabins 1388 and 1688 so highly prized?

Haven't been on any of the larger RCCL ships ... doing LOTS of research before booking.

Why are cabins 1388 and 1688 so highly prized?

Haven't been on any of the larger RCCL ships ... doing LOTS of research before booking.

Big corner balconies. Take a look at the rear corner balconies below ...

9930001000004636_DECKOVER.gif

Do the aft balcony cabins on Deck 9 get a lot of noise from the Windjammer one deck up? I would think you could hear chairs scooting, people walking, etc.

Windjammer is actually two decks up, on deck 11. Deck 10 cabins would have some noise, but not much. Most say they never heard it.

Windjammer is actually two decks up, on deck 11. Deck 10 cabins would have some noise, but not much. Most say they never heard it.

I am sorry. I meant the aft balcony cabins on Deck 10 as shown on the deck plan above. Are they going to hear noise from above?

Archived