What to wear in Russia

shsunseeker

Hi,

I'm going on a River Cruise on the Volga in Russia. It's through Uniworld. I was wondering about what to wear. Is it appropriate to wear shorts while touring? Do I really need to bring a formal dinner jacket? The luggage limits seem pretty strict; so, I thought I should only bring what is absolutely necessary. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunseeker

Shorts are really not worn in Europe unless you are participating in an athletic event. Capris would be fine. If your shorts are below the knee they would be OK but still not worn by locals,only tourists.....

No formal jacket is required. River cruises are much more casual than ocean cruises and you really din't even need a tie or sportcoat either. Just a nice pair of slacks and a collared shirt would do the trick.

We did a Uniworld Russia cruise a couple of years age. I agree, shorts are not appropriate. Especially for all the churches you will visit. At the Captain's dinner party, I would say about half the men wore sport coats and the ladies nice dresses or pants outfits. Nothing formal is needed. Most people wore casual wear all day and to dinner as well.

Archived