RSVP Tahiti, Star Flyer in Nov. 2008???

Hobie

The RSVP cruise in Tahiti on the Star Flyer in Nov. 2008 sure looks like fun.

I'm concerned however, booking this cruise 17 months out because of the uncertain future of RSVP with Planet Out.

Any thoughts?

If Tom reads this post (I don't have his e-mail) can he comment on his experience with Star Clippers. I believe he did a Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago on one of their ships. I would love to read about his experience and recommendations.

Thanks, Hobie.

All I can say is Fab-u-lous.

I have sailed on all threee of the Star Clipper ships; Flyer in Thailand with RSVP, Royal Clipper with RSVP in the Med, and the Clipper out of St Maarten on a straigh cruise.

Their product is way better on a gay charter in my opinion.

I think the experience is great, crew wonderful and food good for the size of their operation. We are talking a small ship..but a great atmosphere. Cabins good, comfy and reflect the sailing ship character. Inside piano bar is roomy for all, with a nice bar. the outdoor bar is more than capable of handling the brisk business. the outdoor space is where the dancing goes on and the small entertainment. The crew puts on a show and they are well received by all passengers.

I think the Flyer will be great in French Polynesia. The area is magnificent and the ship will fit right in...she is beautiful.

Tahiti....the prettiest place I have been to. I sailed there a number of years ago with Atlantis when they chartered the Wind Song which is no longer around. In 2005 sailed Tahaiti on th Paul Gauguin (Regent cruise line) and am going back this December fo a longer cruise. If I did not have a late fall 2008 cruise planned (first time on Crystal and first transatlantic) I would love to go on Star Flyer. If RSVP survives (and I hope they do), I would do a Tahiti cruise if offered in 2009 without blinking.

If you have any specific questions, please ask as I have sailed these waters twice..and am going back for a third time...its that good.

Star Flyer...small, but I actually prefer her over the bigger Royal Clipper. In these locales, a smaller vessel is a big plus.

Now if the RSVP Rome trip would just get here.....sigh

Tom

I know this is going to sound like a "plug" but I swear to you I have NO connection to Pied Piper except as a satisfied (almost fully) customer. I'd suggest you at least check out their Tahiti cruise at http://home.att.net/~gaygroupcruises/ . They put together gay GROUP cruises. We've been on 3 of theirs, and are booked on 2 more future cruises. The group sizes vary... one cruise had over 600 PP'ers and I hear this November's Post-T'giving cruise has over 700 in the group. Most are NOT that large, however, but they're well run with private PP-only events onboard. Since RSVP costs SO MUCH more and is no longer hosted by Danny Williams, we've given up on them.

If you like, you can email me at UcruiseUschmooze@gmail.com or at DubyaIsAMoron@Presidency.com.

Of course, we're a couple who've been together just over 26 years, so what we're looking for may be different from your desires. We've LOVED the PP groups. -Joe

Archived