Skagway car rental

cinal

Do a Search By Title for "sourdough" (all one word) and you will see the negative reviews of this company. But if you want/have to drive, they would be the only game in town at that time.

Avis will be closed on Sept. 14 we get their Sept 18

Has anyone rented a car from Sour Dough reatals

are they and good.

I drove to Skagway today, and there were a LOT of Sourdough vehicles on the road. The one family I talked to about it (she turned out to be a CCer :) ) was very pleased with Sourdough's service, attitude and vehicle. Yes, they are older, but my 7-year-old car pounds up and down Yukon-Alaska roads year-round in all weather, so I don't see why that's a big deal for a short summer trip.

Murray

I just have to give Murry kudos - I agree completely with your previous post. DH & I sailed RCI Radiance last May 27, 2006 and used Sourdough rentals to drive into the Yukon. We had such a great and memorable time (using Murray's guide of course...) We had no issues with our Dodge pick-up truck even if it did have a "few" miles on it. Sadly, if we had listened to some on this board, we would have missed this amazing adventure as AVIS was already sold out for that day.

Sorry, I will continue to avoid this poorly run company. I have posted that I DID have a car that clearly was NOT running properly, got horrific mileage, some straining getting up the hills. Owner couldn't have cared less when I reported it. I had rented from them twice prior, always filthy cars, not real prompt on car pick up times (wasn't in office and had to wait) but I accepted that.

Maybe- they are on track now??? But it will always be Avis for me, always nice cars, well organized business.

Archived