Summer Solstice is 2 weeks away...

darrencantwait

The beginning of summer solstice would be the perfect time to make the announcement. Honestly, I don' understand why it is such a secret for Celebrity. Holland America is launching the Eurodam fall of 2008 and they already have deck plans, itineraries, and photos on their website. Celebrity needs to get with it. After all it's a ship...it's not like it will do something different like fly.

The beginning of summer solstice would be the perfect time to make the announcement. Honestly, I don' understand why it is such a secret for Celebrity. Holland America is launching the Eurodam fall of 2008 and they already have deck plans, itineraries, and photos on their website. Celebrity needs to get with it. After all it's a ship...it's not like it will do something different like fly.

Hi Wayneair !

Many of us have been quite vocal about this topic. I understand that Celebrity wants to keep Solstice a big secret, but as the ship is roughly 18 months away from her debut, its time for at least some information to be released about Solstice. Of course, I want to know EVERYTHING, but I would settle for less at this point. More importantly, they should tell us where she will be homeported (I am expecting Ft Lauderdale or possibly Miami for her Caribbean Season) and what her itineraries will be.

I am surprised that Celebrity is keeping us wait like this. Besides, people are booking elsewhere, and Celebrity is losing business as they keep us waiting. This strategy doesn't make much sense to me. Hopefully, we will hear some news soon !

Hi Wayneair !

Many of us have been quite vocal about this topic. I understand that Celebrity wants to keep Solstice a big secret, but as the ship is roughly 18 months away from her debut, its time for at least some information to be released about Solstice. Of course, I want to know EVERYTHING, but I would settle for less at this point. More importantly, they should tell us where she will be homeported (I am expecting Ft Lauderdale or possibly Miami for her Caribbean Season) and what her itineraries will be.

I am surprised that Celebrity is keeping us wait like this. Besides, people are booking elsewhere, and Celebrity is losing business as they keep us waiting. This strategy doesn't make much sense to me. Hopefully, we will hear some news soon !

Hi Andy:) out of all the questions Carolyn asked Dan in the

interview, I really wish that question could have been asked

and answered:eek:. I realize it is not Azamara but it sure

would have been nice.........

Hi Andy:) out of all the questions Carolyn asked Dan in the

interview, I really wish that question could have been asked

and answered:eek:. I realize it is not Azamara but it sure

would have been nice.........

Hi Lois !

I know what you mean. I truly wish it would have been asked as well. I was hopeful they would get to it, but either it wasnt asked, or Mr Hanrahan chose not to answer it. I do understand, as they wanted to keep the interview focused on Azamara. Its funny that 1 question they chose from my 3, was edited to make it a strictly Azamara question (and I didnt get credit for asking the question). The answer that followed wasnt what I hoped for, as it didnt address the Celebrity part of my question.

With that said, I enjoyed the interview, and I sincerely appreciate Mr. Hanrahan taking the time out of his busy schedule and making a great effort for us.

Hi Lois !

I know what you mean. I truly wish it would have been asked as well. I was hopeful they would get to it, but either it wasnt asked, or Mr Hanrahan chose not to answer it. I do understand, as they wanted to keep the interview focused on Azamara. Its funny that 1 question they chose from my 3, was edited to make it a strictly Azamara question (and I didnt get credit for asking the question). The answer that followed wasnt what I hoped for, as it didnt address the Celebrity part of my question.

With that said, I enjoyed the interview, and I sincerely appreciate Mr. Hanrahan taking the time out of his busy schedule and making a great effort for us.

Andy, not sure if you noticed but they used one of my questions

too but it was not what I had asked either:rolleyes: they put a

spin on it to make it for Azamara.....about the single supplement.

Oh well........

I have a question for you though. You know how hundreds of people

(literally hundreds) were invited to the "Pre-Inaugural" 2 night sailing

for RCCL'S Liberty? Do you think they may do that for Solstice?

I have a group of friends who were on Liberty...everything was

FREE..yes...FREE....booze, tips, etc...etc...etc...

Just wondered about your thoughts on it.

Andy, not sure if you noticed but they used one of my questions

too but it was not what I had asked either:rolleyes: they put a

spin on it to make it for Azamara.....about the single supplement.

Oh well........

I have a question for you though. You know how hundreds of people

(literally hundreds) were invited to the "Pre-Inaugural" 2 night sailing

for RCCL'S Liberty? Do you think they may do that for Solstice?

I have a group of friends who were on Liberty...everything was

FREE..yes...FREE....booze, tips, etc...etc...etc...

Just wondered about your thoughts on it.

Hi Lois !

From what I heard, and I could be wrong about this... I believe Liberty's Pre-Inaugural sailing were for people in the industry such as TA's. I do not think they invited past passengers. If they did, I sure hope someone will comment about it here.

As for Solstice, if it were MY decision, and we all know it wont be <smile>... I'd do a week of 2-3 night shakedown sailings. I would do one sailing for TA's, and 1-2 more for Celebrity's best customers. How great would it be, if Celebrity called a long time customer and said "Hello Mr. (or Ms.) X, we see you are at Elite Level, and have sailed with us many times. We would like you to thank you for your loyalty, and have you preview our newest Ship, Solstice ... on us". IMHO, that would go a LONG way towards keeping a valued customer very happy !

The big problem is, many of us feel that Celebrity does not work hard keeping their best customers happy, and loyalty is not appreciated the way it should be. With that said, I doubt they will make the offer of any preview sailings. I surely hope it will happen, but I am not counting on it. I hope they prove me wrong.

Andy, Yes, there are people from the Royal Boards~lots of past Royal

Cruisers...Diamond, Platinum, etc who were invited.

And other folks I know who were invited as well.....and many

of them are not TA's.

I know quite a few of the people personally so when you say

those sailings were just for TA's.......not true.

Andy, Yes, there are people from the Royal Boards~lots of past Royal

Cruisers...Diamond, Platinum, etc who were invited.

And other folks I know who were invited as well.....and many

of them are not TA's.

I know quite a few of the people personally so when you say

those sailings were just for TA's.......not true.

Hi Lois !

As I said, thats what I heard, when I asked if past Royal Caribbean passengers were invited. I was told no. I am glad to hear that Royal Caribbean did that... and yes.... Celebrity SHOULD do the same. Let's hope it happens !

Hi Wayneair !

Thanks for the comments Andy. You are absolutely correct about people booking else where if Celebrity does not do a better job with communications. I am thinking of Holland America for 2008 because X is leaving all in the air.

Hi Lois !

As I said, thats what I heard, when I asked if past Royal Caribbean passengers were invited. I was told no. I am glad to hear that Royal Caribbean did that... and yes.... Celebrity SHOULD do the same. Let's hope it happens !

Hi Andy:) my friends all said they had a wonderful time.

What Celebrity should do...I agree with you, but

I won't hold my breath:eek:

Like many of you, we are waiting for the other shoe (or is it anchor?) to drop and to see where and when Solstice will be deployed. But the clock is ticking and if we don't hear from X soon (and as Platinum members, we've been promised a call), then we will spend our hard-earned dollars elsewhere. As many of you know, getting the cabin of your choice involves booking way early, something X either hasn't taken into account or chooses to ignore. Someone should tell them that after all, it's just a ship. Also, I suspect that X and the other cruise lines are riding a wave of success that leads executives to believe that customers will keep beating a path (or treading water) to their doors forever. We'll, I've got news. We are involved in resort rentals in Hawaii, and even that market is cooling off. And need I mention the U.S. housing market that was so hot a couple of years ago? If I were the CEO of Celebrity, I'd have my minions digging out those phone numbers and e-mail addresses of repeat cruisers (or even first-timers with a passion for cruising) and taking orders.

Hi Lois !

From what I heard, and I could be wrong about this... I believe Liberty's Pre-Inaugural sailing were for people in the industry such as TA's. I do not think they invited past passengers. If they did, I sure hope someone will comment about it here.

I do know of at least a few people who were not TAs that were invited for pre-Inagurals on Liberty. But, I think the big reach-out ot Crown and Anchor member happened with Freedom. I was on a Freedom C/A cruise and many/many people had been invited for a free 1-2 nighter on Freedom. But I think Freedom had a much more extension PR pre-Inaugural campaign than Liberty. I think Solstice should have something similar.

Archived