Why do some people think AFT Cabins are better?

greatful

Aft cabins on the Solstice class ships: I did notice that there is not an elevator bank in the aft area. It is a long walk from the central elevators to the aft cabins...? I did have an aft booked for the Equinox but changed to a cabin more centrally located.

Long walk means the good exercise we need after dinner. You cannot get me out of aft cabins.

• 1 month later...

After reading this board we booked and aft cabin for an Alaskan cruise in September. I never considered the added benefit of half of the veranda being covered. This may very well come in handy.

We had the center aft 8th deck on the Infinity recently. From Valparasio to Fort Lauderdale we had smooth seas and the best view of the entire Panama Canal. Very little vibration. Just enough that the light sleeping DH could check where we were in line for entry. Oh, and it is a wonderful place to see the Southern Cross and other stars we don't see in the Northern Hemisphere.

Our friends are in a FV cabin on our T/A in September, so we are going to check out that one. I'm afraid it may be too windy on a T/A. They may have to hang out on our 2B balcony where there will be no wind.:D

I just was in an FV aft on a Transatlantic on the Century. The aft balconies have the least amount of wind of anywhere outdoors on the ship. I actually would go out on my balcony to escape the wind from other outdoor portions of the ship!

Some years ago I made the mistake of booking my wife and me a balcony cabin, after that she wouldn't travel in any other type. A couple of years ago I booked an aft cabin - now she won't travel in any other category. I'm not going to book the owners suite in case she asks me to buy the ship!

Aft cabins are great, at least we think so. We have three future cruises booked with various lines and all are aft cabins. Generally no wind, large cabins and great views. Yes there can be more motion but it's a small price to pay.

Archived