Ft. Lauderdale Liquor Store

Bernbun29

You wonderful cruise critic folks have told me that there is a Total Wine near the Ft. Lauderdale airport; is there a liquor store nearby? Not that we would carry anything on board, just checking!

You wonderful cruise critic folks have told me that there is a Total Wine near the Ft. Lauderdale airport; is there a liquor store nearby? Not that we would carry anything on board, just checking!

Just remember that you are sailing out on a Sunday and alcohol is not sold until noon. Buy your alcohol the day before if you are going to the port before noon time on Sunday.

We have bought our wine and beer at the Total Wine the day before our last CP cruise. They sell wine, beer and liquor. It is a very large store with great selection.

Total Wine & More - Fort Lauderdale

1906 Cordova Road

Broward County

Phone: 954-828-9463

Fax: 954-828-9451

http://www.wineaccess.com/store/totalwine-fortlauderdale/store-info.html

Store Hours:

Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.- 10 p.m.

Fri-Sat: 9 a.m.- 11 p.m.

Sunday: 12 p.m.- 9 p.m.

Its funny how in some parts of the country that alcohol isn't sold at certain times of day... Here in the Los Angeles area you can buy alcohol anytime anywhere... I think the times to do that is like 7am - 2am, everyday.:D :D :D

Publix has moved to a new shopping center BEHIND the Embassy Suites. It's actually a little further away than it was before. I believe the liquor/wine store in that shopping mall is Total Wine. If not. there's a huge one there and good prices. There are several others on the other side of 17th on Cordova.

Its funny how in some parts of the country that alcohol isn't sold at certain times of day... Here in the Los Angeles area you can buy alcohol anytime anywhere... I think the times to do that is like 7am - 2am, everyday.:D :D :D

An explanation for Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and other stars in LAs drinking problems.

Just be cautioned that Princess has placed camouflaged cameras at the exits of all liquor store locations within 5 miles of the dock. The photographs are automatically wired to the ship where the security staff compares them with the photos on the key cards. When they get a match...whoopdedo!

We LOVED the Total Wine store on Cordova Road. In May for our Panama Canal cruise we took the water taxi from the Hyatt Hotel, got off on Convention Way, walked a couple blocks to the store and when we got there we bought six bottles of wine and two cardboard bottle carriers that hold three wine bottles for $1.00 each. The plastic handles make them very easy to carry. We got on the the tourist trolley just outside Total Wine and the trolley dropped us off at our hotel. Very convenient if you are walking (and fun).

My DH and I each toted a three-bottle carrier with us while checking in for embarkation. The only thing that was said by one of the staff was "Wow, you look like you're going to have a party.":D

We liked the carriers so much we just collapsed them and are keeping them for our next cruise.

You can go to Mapquest.com and type in the address of your hotel. Then when the map comes up, you can search for nearby "liquor stores" and it will show you all of the liquor stores and map them in relation to your hotel. Works like a charm.

Archived