Afternoon Tour of Vancouver?

Well, the countdown is on for our cruise out of Vancouver! We are arriving the day before at 12 noon and expect with customs and transport to the hotel to be ready to see the sights at about 3pm or so. My question is are there any tours of the city that start later in the day? I know that we could take a tour prior to our cruise the next day, but we will be exhausted from our prior day after traveling from South Florida on a 6:30am flight and would therefore like to sleep in.

If there are no tours, any other suggestions? There are five of us and we are staying at the Times Square Suites on Robson St.

While I'm at it, we were told that we could get a limo from the airport to the hotel and we do not need to make prior arrangements. Is this the case? We will also need transport to the Ballantyne Pier...would the limo come back the next day to take us? Thanks for any info or input!!

Yes there are limos at the airport - just outside of the arrivals hall that you can hire (just like taking a taxi). I am sure you could arrange with the driver to pick you up the next day for your transfer to Ballentyne or ask the concerige at the hotel to call a limo for you for for the trip to Ballentyne.

As to late day sightseeing - what about the hop on hop off buses. There are about 3 different companies that offer this tour service in Vancouver.

Yes there are limos at the airport - just outside of the arrivals hall that you can hire (just like taking a taxi). I am sure you could arrange with the driver to pick you up the next day for your transfer to Ballentyne or ask the concerige at the hotel to call a limo for you for for the trip to Ballentyne.

As to late day sightseeing - what about the hop on hop off buses. There are about 3 different companies that offer this tour service in Vancouver.

Please give the websites or names of these 3 companies. Are they about equivalent in standard and price or do you have any preference? Many thanks.

For bus tours you could check out http://www.graylinewest.com/vancouver/sightseeing_tours.aspx

or http://bigbus.ca/index.php?topic=vantour

Also, at the Times Square where you'll be staying, you are a very close walk to Stanley Park - http://www.seestanleypark.com/ and not far from several beaches. Many restaurants of all types of food around as well.

Dave

FWIW -I had been considering BigBus and based on the info from their website, it might not work for you. Tickets are $35 and good for two days (I'm thinking you guys are only there one evening and one morning). Also, it looks like they stop at 6:30pm.

I have NOT been to Vancouver yet, I've only been reading voraciously.

Another option for you is to do as the previous poster suggested and then get up early the next am and head to Canada Place (I assume you will be departing from Canada Place & not Ballentyne peir) dump your luggage with the dock stevedores and then walk to Gas Town the original part of Vancouver it is only 1 block along. Wander around gastown and take your photos with the steam clock and the statue of Gassy Jack (one of the very colorful settlers/businessmen who helped create Vancouver). If you have more time on your hands before you want to embark than either walk (4 blocks) or take a cab to Chinatown where you can enjoy the tranquil Dr Sen Yat Sin classical chinese gardens and see the world's thinnest building at only 6' wide.

Hope the above helps

We are doing the exact same thing, but we are coming in 3 days early from FL and staying at Times Square Suites coming in around noon. If we were to pick one thing, would you take a cab to Granville island or walk around Stanley Park. We are also staying an extra day after the cruise, but staying at the Marriot Pinnacle. We will do one the those choices then. Any advise? Our other days are taken with Whistler and Grouse mountain.

We used LandSea Tours www.vancouvertours.com which had small busses and enthusiastic young guides. One thing they have are tours that deliver you and your luggage to the ship and the end of the tour. Because of the small group on board, they also will vary from the itinerary if the passegers ask for it. The tours vary (we took an all-day tour that included a ferry ride to Victoria). We rode by a number of tourist sites, but made longer stops in Stanley Park and Granville Island.

cleocruiser...

I'd play it by the weather if I were you...If the weather is nice - do stanley park, if it's not - do granville island.

also for grouse mountain, try to aim for a day where the clouds are not low/not raining... as long as you can see the top of the mountains, your view will be fabulous.

http://www.jericho.bc.ca/webcam/webcam.html

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the great advice. We will be departing from the Ballantyne Pier...will that make a big difference in price for a limo?

Rate to either cruise dock is the same they show $47 plus gst at present on their website. Thats for 3 people more is more :)

We caled the other day and was quoted 30.00 from a downtown hotel to Balentyne Pier and the same price in reverse, The 47.00 was from the airport. I hope thats right-I booked them for 3 diferent things so far. We leave tomorrow from FL.

Archived