Photography

xcamtv

Thanks all....I will definitely be on board from January 5th to end of March next year. :)

Actually its not something terribly simple...when I do something, I do it properly.....arrived in a remote outback town in North Western Oz....and had a heart attack.....just wanted some attention!! Got airlifted by our fantastic Royal Flying Doctor back to the capital city of Perth......and *shudder shudder* have a quad by pass to look forward to on Monday :eek:......worst part is I wont be able to fly home for about 4 weeks so are stuck on the other side of Oz away from all my friends etc....best part is, I no longer have a phobia about "needles" must have had at least 500 by now!! so wont have any problem having the yellow fever one for South America!! When the very first needle was stuck in me, I did have Seabourn on my mind and asked if they could just shove the yellow fever in with whatever else they were injecting me with.......I got some strange looks, am sure they thought they were dealing with someone who was losing her mind!! Anyway all is well, or will be soon, I'm feeling fine and very positive about it all.......and I have ordered the biggest bottle of pain killers the hospital has in stock.....have been assured I can have as many as I like!!

Thanks all....I will definitely be on board from January 5th to end of March next year. :)

Actually its not something terribly simple...when I do something, I do it properly.....arrived in a remote outback town in North Western Oz....and had a heart attack.....just wanted some attention!! Got airlifted by our fantastic Royal Flying Doctor back to the capital city of Perth......and *shudder shudder* have a quad by pass to look forward to on Monday :eek:......worst part is I wont be able to fly home for about 4 weeks so are stuck on the other side of Oz away from all my friends etc....best part is, I no longer have a phobia about "needles" must have had at least 500 by now!! so wont have any problem having the yellow fever one for South America!! When the very first needle was stuck in me, I did have Seabourn on my mind and asked if they could just shove the yellow fever in with whatever else they were injecting me with.......I got some strange looks, am sure they thought they were dealing with someone who was losing her mind!! Anyway all is well, or will be soon, I'm feeling fine and very positive about it all.......and I have ordered the biggest bottle of pain killers the hospital has in stock.....have been assured I can have as many as I like!!

Keep up that great sense of humor and your wonderful "spirit" and you'll be a Legend with Pride! Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Kate

Keep up that great sense of humor and your wonderful "spirit" and you'll be a Legend with Pride! Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Kate

Dear Lorraine!

I could not say it any better than Kate did!

I too wish you all the best and a quick recovery and I'm sorry that after your visit to the Royal Flying Doctors (as I could see from your pictures) you actually had to use them your self.

Marja

Hi Granny

I hope that your operation goes well and that you have a speedy recovery, keeping your sense of humour is one of the best tonics you can have, especially being able to smile at this stressful time.

Take care and i will toast your good health when i board the Legend tomorrow

Kind regards

Deb

Thanks again to everyone....I really am feeling fine...and cant believe how relaxed and calm I am about it all......I am sure they must put drugs in your water to make you feel this way as I am usually the biggest chicken under the sun.......

Marja, what a gorgeous baby!! My grandkids are a lot bigger than that! I must get a Seabourn shirt for one of my teddy bears.....

One of the ambulance drivers gave me a teddy bear :D

Yumm yumm....that chicken soup was delicious BB....you should see what they expect you to eat in the Coronary Care Unit!! Where is Chef Markus when I need him!

The hospital I am transferring to tomorrow has a great menu apparently...."14 choices for lunch and dinner.....cheese platters......beverages with meals" sounds great to me....but wont the cheese clog up the drips? :confused:

Virgin Mojito drinker had his first last night and was thinking of you. :p

I am expecting a trip report with photos of your air adventure (did you go First Class with a lay flat seat) , six star hotels you are staying in and the private limo service between hotels . smiley_evilGrin.gifI spent 6 weeks in a hospital after a car accident and then 6 weeks in a wheel chair, Good News was I lost 30lbs in 12 weeks :eek: You may lose weight for your SA cruise after all that wonderful hospital food. :D

Can I stick sequins on my "zipper" for formal nights?;)

If your sequins are PLAID sequins, then you and Pinkie both will be the "Belles of the Ball!" Hugs, prayers and Godspeed sent that your surgeon surpasses his abilities Monday and you have a most speedy recovery!

Granny,

Get Well Soon~~~as you have alot of shopping and planning to do! As Peachy mentioned, GLAD IN PLAID is fast approaching!:p

Also, I know you and Hubby will enjoy the "World's Ugliest Necktie" Contest~~~and you'll want to enter! 1st prize probably won't be a 7 day Seabourn sailing, but the 1st place honor will be a distinguished notable award!! (could be: blow the Pride horn in the middle ot the Atlantic)

Many of our regular Crosser's are booked and we're all looking forward to 13 lazy, hazy, dazy magical seadays!

Please know I'm thinking of you!

Its all over....and I'm still alive and kicking!! Been in hospital just over two weeks now...don't like it much.......haven't even been interested in my computer until today.....pain killers work well! I'm feeling like a drug addicted Granny........got a nice scar to oohh and ahh over so I hope you don't disappoint me!! I still wont be able to fly home for about 4 weeks, so am stuck on the "wrong" side of the country....

Granny-Happy your "valve job" went well--you'll be "good as new" shortly. Don't worry about the scar--I've had friends who had the same op and their "zippers" were nearly invisible after a few short months--just in time for your SA cruise!

Hello Granny!

I'm very happy to hear that all went well and you must be recovering already, otherwise you would not be at your laptop.

This granny has some scars as well. They can make you more interesting sometimes, though I know I would rather not have them too! Another one is waiting for me in August, after my Spirit cruise. And it is not too serious, so I'll be ready!

All the best,

Marja

Granny,

I'm glad the doctor didn't remove your sense of humour:D

Get well soon!

johnny

Once that has gone johnnycruise, I may as well be dead......this little ~episode~ in my life happened at just the perfect time.......we had almost completed our "around Oz trip", so didn't miss much.......I now have plenty of time to get fit and well for our next cruise...if it had happened another month or two down the track it would probably have brought an end to all my hard made plans for 2008:( and I couldn't stand the thought of that! After all I have already bought some "plaid"....need to get home now to make something out of it!

Archived